Author Topic: Dennis (DR) Update  (Read 9842 times)

loose screws (tightened)

Re: Dennis (DR) Update
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 01:19:33 am »
Great to hear from you Dennis. I've been following your surgery closely sending you good thoughts. Hope your sugar levels get back to normal in a hurry.
Congrats on a successful surgery.
Mike
47 Y/O. diagnosed AN After MRI. 4X5X7mm within the right auditory canal. Slight hearing loss, ringing in ear, vertigo. Middle fossa with House Ear Clinics Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz on 11-16-09. 6 new tightened titanium screws but no more hearing.
http://mikessurgery.blogspot.com/

gingerbread6

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 06:34:16 am »
Best wishes to you, Dennis for a speedy recovery. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gingerbread6

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 02:04:58 pm »
Dennis -

posting on the Forum 3 days after surgey is incredible!  Glad you are feeling up to it - despite the leg pain. 

Best wishes for a swift, uneventful recovery  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cindyj

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 01:04:15 pm »
Welcome back, Dennis!  Posting already!  Pretty sure I was still hiding under a wet wash cloth on day 3...good for you that you're doing so well...take it easy and do what the docs tell you (at least for awhile ;)).

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Keri

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 07:37:55 pm »
Hi Dennis,
I haven't been on in a couple of weeks but was wondering about how it went for you.
Hoping recovery just keeps getting better!
Take care
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 11:27:02 pm »
Thanks everyone!  Things are really amazing, I'm truly blessed.  I put up a blog update this evening, including a picture of the man, the myth, the legend, Dr. Brackmann and myself.
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

Jackie

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 01:23:01 am »
Hi Dennis,

So very happy for you that you have come through this surgery in such great fashion!!! I love to hear about the great outcomes and pray that your recovery continues on the fast track. Bless the dear Lord for guiding the hands of the surgeons and bless also the greeters in LA for the wonderful things that you do!
Jackie in Oregon
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

NL

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 12:01:47 am »
Dennis,

It was amazing to see you pass the Magic Scarf on to Mike ("loose screws") just nine days after your surgery! (More pics on Magic Scarf photo history thread.)

Dennis - 9 days post-op, and Mike - 3 days pre-op

Wishing you all the best in your recovery - you're off to a fantastic start!  :)

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 08:59:24 am »
Great picture!  ..... and a belated congratulations Dennis on a successful surgery.  You look amazing for 9 days post-op.  Keep up the good recovery!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

cindyj

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 10:08:22 am »
Awesome - back to back men with the Scarf!  You look great, Dennis, and know you're going to do very well, Mike!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 08:08:38 am »
Just a quick update - we arrived home yesterday evening.  Our boys still thought we wouldn't be back until Tuesday evening, so it was a great surprise for them and pretty emotional for us.  Felt great to sleep in my own bed, even if only for a few hours!
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

another NY postie

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 08:36:12 am »
Nothing beats going home, Dennis!  I am so glad you are having such an amazing recovery.  THe sleep does get better - the steriods mess with that and once they are gone, at least for me, my sleep rapidly improved.  Last night I finally slept with my old, mushy down pillows (had been using a temperapedic neck pillow which I seemed to prefer after surgery)...and I can lay on the surgery side with no problem.
Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

Lilan

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 08:37:46 am »
Congrats, Dennis! Nice photo of you and Dr B, too! Glad you got this behind you.
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

cindyj

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 10:13:26 am »
Know you're SO glad to be home, Dennis!  You will recover even better/faster now (at least I did).  Be sure to continue to nap, though ;)  You'll be back on the golf course before you know it!

Cindy
feeling great!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 11:21:56 am »
Yes, nothing like sleeping in your own bed to speed recovery.  I was so excited to get home and have an uninterrupted night without buzzers and beepers going off at all hours!  And, of course, being able to shower was a big deal, too. 

Dennis, you look great!  I hope you have an uneventful recovery from here forward.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com