Author Topic: New Member joining the group  (Read 8155 times)

loose screws (tightened)

Re: New Member joining the group
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 09:15:26 pm »
DJ;

Your story is just about exactly the same as mine. In April I went to the doc for a 1 day dizzy spell. They gave me some antivert and sent me home. Then in July I noticed that my hearing in my right ear was not OK. It was like I had a big wad of cotton in there and some buzzing/ringing. At that point my wife made me an appointment to go back to the doctor. They referred me to a ENT doc. He gave me a hearing test and after reading the results and learning of my dizzy spell he sent me for an MRI. About a week later I got a call from the ENT doc telling that I needed to come back to his office for the results ( always a bad sign ). He then told me I had a tumor that was 4X5X7mm in my inner auditory canal. A proverbial SLAP in the face. I couldn't believe what he just told me. Any how he told me that he was going to give me another referral to the House Ear Clinic, telling me if he were in my shoes thats were he'd want to go. He also told me that my tumor was medium size. After researching ANs and finding this forum most of my questions were starting to get answers from the experiences of others on this forum. You have found the right place!

None of the choices to be made are easy. There's plenty of reason to be scared no matter what choice you make. As others will tell you It's a personal choice and what ever you decide should not be questioned by anyone else. They don't have to live with it, you do. Take your time and research all your options but in the meantime go out and live life to the fullest don't let the worrying stop you from being happy. I just got back from my 2nd fishing trip this fall and tomorrow I'm going to spend all day with my 1y/o granddaughter.

Feel free to contact me

Mike
47 Y/O. diagnosed AN After MRI. 4X5X7mm within the right auditory canal. Slight hearing loss, ringing in ear, vertigo. Middle fossa with House Ear Clinics Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz on 11-16-09. 6 new tightened titanium screws but no more hearing.
http://mikessurgery.blogspot.com/