Author Topic: Anyone have insomnia?  (Read 8020 times)

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
Re: Anyone have insomnia?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 03:25:20 am »
Well gee, like at my posting time (4:20am)   Sure you can tell what I've been searching for :-)

I feel like I'm on so many meds that I should be knocked out.  But I am another who responds oddly to meds.   I'm on the steroids for sure and at a late start due to delayed facaial paraylsis.   Also on pain medicine Darvocet for some spinal and back pain (which we're not positive what's causing it and I'm going for MRI's Monday)........only 2 weeks & 2 days post op.....  Also due to the facial paralysis, major anxiety issue, swelling in my face and insomnia, they gave me valium.    Gee I'm lucky to fall asleep and it seems like the longest I've had is about 2 hours.   It's crazy.     I don't do caffine, and have been walking and doing many back and leg stretches for my pains.

Any thoughts to this one???    I always hate meds, but know this is suppposed to be a temporary thing.
thanks Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

obromis

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 12:32:56 pm »
How to get rid of insomnia? I tried different things: walk, warm (but not hot) tub, no computer games 2 hours before bedtime (especially shooters), coffee and black tea, but well-ventilated room, comfortable bed... But nothing helps anyway. I think I can`t handle without pills. I want to buy etizolam. What do you think about it? Does it really help well?

notaclone13

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 04:54:47 pm »
Have you tried taking Dramamine or Benadryl?  The 2 are very closely related chemically and both cause drowsiness.   I take a half of Dramamine nightly to ward off vertigo and it usually works well as a sleep aid.  I have heard of people using Nyquil as a sleep aid and it certainly never fails to knock me out when I have the cold or flu. The antihistimine in Nyquil is doxylamine succinate and it is very potent. The sleep aid Unisom  contain 25 mgs of doxylamine succinate.  I have never tried Unisom, but most reviewers on Amazon say that it works well.

jami

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 08:25:35 pm »
The steroids make it so tough. Benedryl is my sleep aid of choice, but last resort.

Try CALM, an app that guides mediation or - if you hve single sided hearing - lying on the side that hears.

Jami
-----
5/17/18: 2.7 x 2.2 x 2.1cm
8/12/18 right retrosigmoid craniotomy @UNC
8/15/18: 1.0 x 0.4 x 0.4 cm
3/04/19: 1.0 x 0.8 x 0.5 cm
4/23/19 Cyber Knife treatment
10/23/19 0.7 x 0.3 x 0.8 cm