Author Topic: Moving from General Inquiries to Pre Treatment Options...oh how fun this all is!  (Read 9300 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
That's one thing I've noticed about this forum, it oozes positive thoughts! :)

we get paid the big bucks to make sure it does ooze good thoughts!  ;D

Decision making process done.  Now, onward to wellness! :)

Phyl

(you're welcome.... policing this site is what I *coff* live for!)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Jay,

I think LA in December will be nice and warm. I have this noted and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I think you have a VERY good team picked there.

And for those hi jackers who got distracted on the Brampton thread within... hey I have been there too! I did some practice teaching at Oakville Trafalgar Secondary School and also within the Peel School Board District.  I remember this time of year to be cold, damp ... the sort of weather that requires at knitted toque. Yup LA is a warmer place to be ... than Brampton.  ;D

To tie the two threads together (those darn hi-jackers  ;) ) I want to comment than when I met Dr. Brackmann I could not help notice the Canadian awards on his wall... I bet even HE knows where Brampton Ontario is! ;D

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
So I've made a reservation at Seton House for my wife and in-laws while I get the "deluxe" accomodations at St. Vincents! :)  My question is to those who have been there...any tips for staying there? What to bring? Things of that nature? I know it's not the Hilton but for a place to crash and rest up it should suffice.  Thanks again to all who've responded!
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

JerseyGirl2

Hi, Jay,

If you do a search on Seton (and I would suggest using "Seton" rather than "Seton Hall") at the top of the forum page, you'll find lots of postings that will provide the information you're seeking. I had my translab procedure done at House in January 2008; my husband and I stayed at Seton Hall and found it to be just fine. It's convenient to both House (right across the street) and St. Vincent's (connected by an underground tunnel ... or a very short outside walk).

Best wishes for a successful surgery! You're going to a truly amazing place; I continue to be in awe of the entire experience almost two years later.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Ohhhh Yeahhh Jersey Girl....Now why didn't I think of searching for that here in forums? duhhhhh...lol
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston