Author Topic: GOOD NEWS...NEW INVENTION FOR SSD... Sounds good for us!!!!  (Read 210746 times)

KKorkut

Re: GOOD NEWS...NEW INVENTION FOR SSD... Sounds good for us!!!!
« Reply #360 on: December 18, 2012, 09:57:01 am »
Thank you for your update Gloria. The information you provide here is always very useful and helpful for me. Soundbite is now available in Europe, I hope in a few years it will come to Turkey, but I will not wait until that time. I talked to dealer in Europe. Price is more than I expected. I calculated that treatment will cost me more than 10,000 €. Even if this is not a low price I think that value that device will add to my life will worth it. Currently I founded my own company and not in a very stable financial position. As soon as I will be in a position to allocate this cost I will go to nearest dealer in Europe to have device.

Thank you again and Best Regards,

Koray Korkut

mom of AN pt.

« Reply #361 on: March 01, 2013, 02:43:36 pm »
just got an email from a jabramo@Sonitusmedical...

"There have been some major developments in the last couple of weeks that directly benefit the patient and the entire process of them adopting SoundBite for their hearing loss.

1.       We now have a simple and accurate in-clinic demo device to allow the patient to experience bone conductive hearing via the teeth
2.       We now offer every interested patient an insurance benefit investigation to determine their level of prosthetic coverage before they make any financial commitments
3.       We now offer financing programs to fit nearly every need, short and long term
4.       We have several new patient-centered web options
           a.       http://www.deafinoneear.com/
           b.      http://www.soundbitehearing.com (updated look and    content)
           c.       http://www.youtube.com/user/SoundBiteHearing?feature=watch
           d.      Our Facebook page will be launched shortly also and we also have an additional campaign that we will be launching that follows the patient from their “First Day” with the device."

Arasha

• El camino es largo y dificil pero no imposible.
« Reply #362 on: September 11, 2013, 08:47:20 pm »
Hi everyone,

Sorry, I haven't been posting for awhile. I just want to give you guys an update about my SoundBite usage. I was about to start a new topic, but then I realized that there is a lot of information in this thread that could be useful for new SoundBite users or people seeking for  solutions for SSD issues.

It has been close to four years since I got my device. Time flies! I have no words to describe how much SoundBite has helped me. It really has improved my daily life. As long as my device is charged I don't have any issues with my SoundBite. As a matter of fact ,it's been about two years since the last time I went to the Audiologist to get adjusted my device. SoundBlite is my best friend now. I can't imagine my life without it.

All the best,
Gloria :)
Left side AN 2.5x1.8 removed on 10/17/2007 endosc. by Dr.Shahinian (retrosig) at SBI, LA,Ca. Facial phalsys (almost back). Balance issues. Tinnitus. MRI 8 months later showed AN was resected completelly.TransEar 11/2008. Clinical trial for SoundBite 11/2009. SoundBite user.I have the best family.

Phillies

« Reply #363 on: September 16, 2013, 09:08:17 pm »
Glad to hear! :) I got the phonax cross almost 2 years ago now and my insurance paid for almost all of it. I'm sure I would love the sound bite but considering the cost of my device was almost nothing and it works good I'm going to stay with it for now.  I'm sure I asked you this on this thread at one point, but can you use a phone on your deaf ear with that device? And how long on average does your battery last?

Arasha

• El camino es largo y dificil pero no imposible.
« Reply #364 on: September 16, 2013, 10:50:34 pm »
I'm sure I asked you this on this thread at one point, but can you use a phone on your deaf ear with that device? And how long on average does your battery last?

Hi Phillies,

I am happy to hear that your phonax is working good for you :)

- YES Phillies, I can talk by phone with my bad ear while wearing the device.  Sometimes, when I am at home, I actually realize that I am not wearing my SoundBite when I try to answer the phone and I can't hear at all.

- The battery of my BTE (Behind The Ear) lasts 17 hours average. The ITM (In The Mouth) lasts 8 hours average.

Take care,
Gloria

Left side AN 2.5x1.8 removed on 10/17/2007 endosc. by Dr.Shahinian (retrosig) at SBI, LA,Ca. Facial phalsys (almost back). Balance issues. Tinnitus. MRI 8 months later showed AN was resected completelly.TransEar 11/2008. Clinical trial for SoundBite 11/2009. SoundBite user.I have the best family.

akmd

« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2013, 12:25:07 am »
I wanted to thank everybody who has contributed to this thread. I have been following it with great interest for several years, and really appreciate the feedback on your experiences as this looks to be a very promising solution!

arrjourney

Insurance problems
« Reply #366 on: October 18, 2013, 11:48:03 am »
I got a SoundBite last year and yes, it does work well, but the SoundBite company said they would do all the work to do what was necessary to get it covered since I had called my insurance company and was told that I do have prosthetic coverage.  Unfortunately, SoundBite has not worked to get the insurance payments.  First, I had to call them many times to get them to keep going to the next step of dealing with the insurance and now they tell me that my insurance won't pay because I didn't have the right kind of prosthetic coverage, but they are the ones who told me what to ask my insurance company.

They are very nice, but are more interested in selling the device than understanding what is necessary to get it covered.  If I had the correct information beforehand to ask my insurance company I might have made a different decision.

Check very carefully with your insurance before signing any papers with Sonitus/SoundBite.