Hi thedales7 .....
I fully understand about the patience to read through hundreds of posts!!
In a nutshell, I never had tinnitus until after my first AN surgery in 2008. Woke up from surgery with loud roaring in my AN ear. Sorry to say, it has not changed. A couple of years ago I realized I was perceiving it in my non-AN ear as well. Oh joy!!
A couple of things that have helped me (not eliminated it, mind you):
1) reducing the amount of caffeine I consume (eliminating coffee all together would probably be even better!)
2) taking yoga to learn meditation, which brings calming and refocusing for me
3) making a concerted effort to go to bed at the same time each night and awaking at the same time
4) exercising on a regular basis
5) using under pillow speakers attached to a sound machine during sleep (I do not use this all of the time anymore, but I feel like my brain finally was able to reduce the level as I have learned to relax more quickly to go to sleep.)
Hope that helps some. Let us know.