Author Topic: A Big Thank You to Jan & Lori  (Read 3697 times)

Richey

A Big Thank You to Jan & Lori
« on: October 05, 2009, 06:26:23 pm »
My Baha recovery kit arrived today, what a nice thing for you ladies to do for people. I'm still on schedule for having it done this Thursday Oct. 8th

I was at a high school class reunion this past Saturday and my bi-cross was more harm than good. I had to just take my earpiece out on the good side and do it that way and I actually could hear better. This was a multi-year event so we had 425 people in a packed room and hearing was a challenge for many but few could relate to being SSD. I don't know if the baha would be able to adapt in this setting or not. I still had a great time and got to see folks that I had not seen in a long time. It did give my brain an extra workout and the tinnitus was very bad afterward but it was worth it.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: A Big Thank You to Jan & Lori
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:26:29 pm »
Angels??  Well, maybe me   ;D  but definitely NOT Lori  :D

Richey -

Lori & I like to spread our happiness with our BAHAs and the kit is one small way we've found to do just that.  I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Good luck on Thursday - everything should (and will) go smoothly and 3 months from now you'll be sporting your device.  Let us know how everything goes.

Are you getting the new BP100?

I have a Divino and it's not the best in crowded and/or noisy rooms, but I demo'd the BP100 @ the ANA Symposium in August (Lori did, too) and I thought it was great.  The Cochlear reps told us that one of the new features is the ability to work in crowded/noisy rooms.  I'm planning to upgrade myself some time in the new year.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 06:10:02 am »
Hey, I'm the one with the halo!  Ok, maybe, just maybe, it gets dropped from time to time, but as long as Phyl doesn't get tired of tripping on it and decide to stomp it to bits, it's still mine! 

Glad the kit arrived safely - the girl at the shipping place was definitely NOT a brain surgeon, a rocket scientist or even a semi-intelligent being, so I wondered if it would actually make it out the door and onto a truck headed your direction.

I hope you're getting the BP100 - I LOVED IT!  What a noticeable difference over the Divino.  I have my fingers crossed that the upgrade will fit into my budget.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:38:49 am »
I have my fingers crossed that the upgrade will fit into my budget.

Ha!  You and me both!  I may have to sweet talk - or bribe - my doc to get a great price  :D  Hmmm, wonder if he likes chocolate?  LOL

Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Richey

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 08:52:35 am »
They did order the BP-100 so I was told.

Thanks Again

Rich

keithb

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 10:13:37 am »
I have to say thank you, as well.  I received my kit last week. You two are a true blessing!
I keep reading post after post about the BAHA and the surgery.  I can't wait for Wed (Oct. 14) to get here.  Any words of wisdom, as my surgery approaches?  Dr. Eisenman at the University of MD is performing the surgery.  I have been very impressed with him so far.

Take care!

tenai98

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 10:47:01 am »
mine arrived the day I came home from having my surgery...so it was an uplifting gift...thanx so much...we need more ppl like them in our world....
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 06:55:29 am »
Awww, you guys are too much  :-[

Most of the time Lori and I are seen dropping our halos all over the Forum, but it's nice to know we are appreciated  ;D

Keith -

my only words of advice are don't worry - the surgery is truly a piece of cake and even if you're awake through it (I was) it's not bad at all.  My neurotologist - usuallly a very somber-type of guy - and I joked our way through it.  It was a little surreal - and one of the wildest things I've ever done (I don't get around much  ;) ) - but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.   I hear so much better with my BAHA that I think everyone who is SSD should get one.

Good luck and please let us know how things go tomorrow - or the next day - or whenever you feel up to updating us.

Best,

Jan