Author Topic: I am in the "watch and destroy" status * need help!  (Read 34794 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: I am in the "watch and destroy" status * need help!
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2010, 04:24:59 am »
Avistan is used on different type of "malignant" growths only.................  folks, AN's are "benign" growths, please keep this in mind.  There is currently no medical proof of any medication working to reduce/get rid of AN's.  Please refer to the ANA site for add'l info for how AN's are treated for confirmation.

http://www.anausa.org/treatment_options.shtml

Phyl
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:27:53 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

petgroomer

• Love to live... Live to love...
    • Vagal Schwannoma
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2010, 04:35:44 am »
I did read about Avistan last night and found the same info regarding use on malignant tumours.  I always appreciate any options and check them out against my own condition.  When you're in a watch and wait because there is nothing else they can do to help or willing to try for you because of the size of it, then I'll take whatever advice anyone has... Thanks for your info TOM101 and Phyl.
xo
JULY 2009 found 5.6 cm X 4 cm vagal schwan on the 10th cranial nerve and by MAY 2010 it grew to 7.1 cm X 4 cm X 4.1 cm  Nov 2010 it has grown another 10%... time for C.K.! :)
I love life but I'm finding it harder to do .. one millimetre at a time.
www.vagalschwannoma.com 
www.allinonepetcare.co

Cheryl R

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2010, 07:26:04 am »
Avistan has been used on a small group of NF2 pts. I think 10.    They had to have certain requirements  to try it and did help the hearing of some but not all.       Slattery talked about it at the last symposium.    I can't remember when the next trial was going to be done with it or where else might be trying also.                       Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care