Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 3475 times)

cin605

Nausea
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:42:16 am »
I am so sick to my stomach......i am on promethazine for it but it is drivin me crazy.I have been dizzy n off balance for so long its just not improving.I can still not walk n look around at the same time.While some things are improving others are reverseing.
The muscle spasms in neck have subside except for when i try to do more then a couple things a day.Fatigue is gettin better i sleep later so i do not have to nap in the afternoon.I have a constant mouth watering thing going on.Any imput??Please?
Did vestub rehab for year.Walking dailey.also doing vestub exercises.Smells are also over whealming me.No i am not pregnant but sure feels like it.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Nausea
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:53:49 am »
I'm SO sorry to hear you are feeling so lousy!  Question..... for me, for past issues with dizziness/vertigo that made me ill to the stomach (wouldn't know about the pregnancy feeling.....), has your doc mentioned short term use of low dose (2mg) Valium or use of Meclazine to try to help nip the vertigo/dizziness?

Healing hugglez.... please hang in there.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 12:37:09 pm »
Hi, Cin ~

I'm so sorry to read about these problems you're struggling with.  Regaining balance is sometimes a long, hard slog, as you know all too well.  The 'one step forward, two steps back' feeling is not unusual for those who have have had a difficult time recovering to the extent they desired.  You really do seem to be making some progress (fatigue lifting a bit, neck muscle spams subsiding) but the nausea, disequilibrium and altered sense of smell are obviously hard to deal with and these do seem to have been somewhat intractable for you.  However, I always like to remind AN patients struggling with post-op complications that affect their recovery that 'it won't always be this way'.   I don't have any magic words that will alleviate your problems, Cin, but do know that people are thinking of and praying for you every day.  We're rooting for you!  Try to take some solace in that reality as you grapple with these vexing recovery issues on a daily basis.

Jim   
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cin605

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 12:46:45 pm »
Thanks peeps!
I am taking promethazine. for nausea n i think its kind o like an allergy med too.I have lorezapam which i take to sleep at night.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old