Author Topic: “6172 POST by Sept 24/09 (7.620 per day!!!)” HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN AKA leapyrtwins  (Read 13726 times)

lori67

Kay is always at Walmart - maybe she can pick up some dryer sheets and stuff them in the box with the pick-a-weenie.   ;D  Then you will have a very fresh smelling Rover.
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Nani

• It's not rocket science. Just brain surgery.
Well sheesh.  I just keep missing birthdays.

Happy Birthday, Jan!
- AN surgery 3-17-09. 3.8 x 5.1cm tumor.  1 month in the hospital and a couple in ST, OT and PT.

*People are always going to be behind you telling you you can't.  The important thing is to turn around and say 'watch me'.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Happy belated Birthday!!  Hope you had a great time. ;D ;D

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Thanks, Sue & Nani.

If you haven't already, put your birthdays on the AN Calendar so we can all wish you the best that day.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Nani

I can't find the calander.   ??? :-\
- AN surgery 3-17-09. 3.8 x 5.1cm tumor.  1 month in the hospital and a couple in ST, OT and PT.

*People are always going to be behind you telling you you can't.  The important thing is to turn around and say 'watch me'.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
OK, I had to try to find it ...... In The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Amelia writes:  "Since there was scant butter, less flour, and no sugar to spare on Guernsey then, Will concocted a potato peel pie:  mashed potatoes for filling, strained beets for sweetness, and potato peelings for crust."  Neither Sara's recipe ingredient list, nor this one sounds all that great but it certainly showed what one can concoct in the face of adversity and few available ingredients.

At any rate, I vote for chocolate cake over potato peel pie!!

Jan, I like your idea of a birthday party at the next symposium.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Jan, I like your idea of a birthday party at the next symposium.

We'll have to remember this in 2011.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!

Nani

Thanks for the link, Jan. 

I am already looking forward to the next symposium.  Two years feels like forever.  I can't wait to be able to go.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Nani -

the 2011 symposium will be in Cincinnati - I don't think they've posted the exact dates yet.

The 2009 symposium was well worth it - lots of very good information and lots of interaction with other AN patients and AN doctors.  I'm really looking foward to 2011.

Jan

Nani

I really wish it were yearly.  I couldn't have made this one if I had known about it.  Never been to Cincinnati.  I know where my vaca is gonna be that year!