Author Topic: newsletter  (Read 2671 times)

Cheryl R

newsletter
« on: September 28, 2009, 09:46:39 am »
Has anyone else gotten their AN newsletter?     Mine just came today.        Good section about the symposium along with pictures.          The audio CDs are available too which is speedier than past years.            You can see them also thru the website home page by going to symposium and a link is on that site.                   Good balance article this time too.
                                                              Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: newsletter
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:22:39 pm »
Not yet.  Hope it comes tomorrow.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 10:19:06 pm »
Mine hasn't come yet, but I did get the email from the ANA telling me I could view it online.

Debbi (Bifulco) told me she received her issue and it has a great section about the symposium, complete with pictures as Cheryl said.

I'm looking forward to reading it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 12:05:44 am »
Actually the online membership in ANA (not the same as being a member of the forum) has become a good deal. If you are a member, and can figure out your username and password for the ANA website (not the forum), you can see

1. All the past issues of Notes as PDF files, from March 2006 through September 2009, including the Symposium insert, which includes a nice photo of Phyl, a pic of Capt. Deb and I, and a good group photo (they were posted in the Symposium topic, I believe).

2. Complete PDF file versions of 8 of the ANA booklets, which I think makes ANA membership a good deal;

3. A collection of 73 abstracts of published articles on ANs, covering a wide range of topics.

All in all, a nice upgrade. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 08:45:06 am »
After Cheryl started this thread, I went to the ANA web site and saw the newsletter online.  I don't know about anyone else but there are some things I would rather read in hard copy form:  newspapers and books, especially.  It is hard to curl up in a soft chair with an electronic device.   :-[

However, the current ANA newsletter is a good one and I am looking forward to receiving my hard copy in the mail.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Vivian B.

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 07:38:54 pm »
Hi Cheryl,

I viewed the newsletter just last week online. I was very informative and had al lot of information and pictures on the symposium. It was nice to see as I did consider going but could not make it.

Vivian 
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.