Author Topic: HAIR AND SCAR ISSUES  (Read 6437 times)

MissMolly

Re: HAIR AND SCAR ISSUES
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 02:10:56 pm »
Hi There,

After 3 months I still have crusty, scabby parts of my scar.  Sometimes little bits of scab comes out with hair in it.  Sometimes it bleeds.  My doctor believes it's just ingrown hairs trying to grow where they can't. 

Also, had my hair colored for the first time last week since surgery.  The scar got somewhat irritated by the process, but it was worth it!  Now the grey and mousey brown is gone, I feel much better.  The texture of my hair near the surgical site improved as well.

Good luck to you!

Molly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

ilsemor

• 1.4mm, translab at House w/Dr. Slattery 7/6/09
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 04:32:10 pm »
Hello again - So I went to my appointment with Dr. Slattery (House) this afternoon and he looked at my scab and he pulled ingrown hairs, painful, but he said it was the reason for the discomfort, irritation, inflammation and all the nonsense that was associated with it.  Also I was told by the nurse that I can put color on my hair again, as soon as the little irritation from pulling those hairs which bleed is dry.  He also suggested putting a cotton ball with Vaseline in the outside of the cotton ball so no water or chemicals go inside the air.  GOOD TIP!

Thank you friends!

moe

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 08:11:00 am »
Ilsemor,
Enjoy your day at the "spa." Kind of like a spa for the head!
You'll feel like a new person.
That is the ONE thing I splurge on for myself. A good hair trim/color/highlight. (and expensive chocolate too). Worth every penny. I'm due for one too.
(I skip the pedicure/manicure/)
Have a good one.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 05:57:34 pm »
I also believe it is just the scab it took a long time to come off I was too afraid to put any kind of salve on it and I found cutting my hair short was the best thing for me it was very painful washing and drying my hair. But with the short hair now it is so easy to maintain eventually hair always grows back.... My vanity was when can I dye my hair too much gray was showing....
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.