Author Topic: Got my BAHA tweaked today  (Read 2301 times)

Sefra22

Got my BAHA tweaked today
« on: September 24, 2009, 01:47:00 pm »
Finally got my BP100, programmed, but there seems to be more feedback than there was before. Although it took a while, I was finally seeing some improvement this past week. The audiologist is stumped as to why there is so much feedback, so she is putting in a call to the Cochlear rep, and I will go back in a few days. 

I also saw my surgeon today who asked my about locating sound. I told him I definitely know where sound is coming from if it is on the left (hearing) side, but when it's on the right, I still can't locate the origin. I consider that an improvement since before I couldn't tell from either side.

I'm sure this is just another bump in the road of the BAHA journey. This is a new product after all, and I will patient.......... :P

Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
Re: Got my BAHA tweaked today
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 04:36:50 pm »
I go back Oct 12 for my son's turn on date plus my feedback sqweeling my audio was stumped to Ginger the Cochlear rep. is supposed to come out Oct. 7 so lets see what she says.
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

Sefra22

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 05:13:33 pm »
Thanks for the feedback :P, Mike, I'm sorry you are dealing with this issue, too, yet happy that I am not alone. I was beginning to think it was just me! It's very frustrating when you're the only one in the room hearing things, and the tech can't figure out why.

My husband and the audiologist were both in the room with me today, and of course, they can't hear the "chirping/whistling" sounds. I kept saying, "I'm not crazy, I really am hearing noises".

Let me know how it goes for you, and I'll let you know if things improves for me next week. The noises were so bad after my appt., I can't even wear it right now.. :(

Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 10:08:50 pm »
Lisa -

glad you got some tweaking, but sorry there's still feedback.

From Mike's post, it sounds like this is common with the BP100.  As you say, since it's a new product, they'll hopefully get things worked out soon.

When I first got my Divino, I was unable to locate where sounds were coming from, but now I'm pretty good at it.  Over time, you should experience the same thing with your BP100.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways