Author Topic: See Neurologist today  (Read 2804 times)

bern

See Neurologist today
« on: September 23, 2009, 10:06:55 am »
Hello friends,

I go see Neuro today to determine if eye twiching and sharp, quick earache are related to seizures.  I also have a leaky eye and my cognitive skills are worsening. I am a teacher and can't spell anymore.  I was a great speller.  I can't take this anymore! The tinnitus is unbearable and I swear the radiation screwed me up. I should have left this tumor alone and done nothing.  It is small and hasn't grown and there is no swelling.  My speech is messed up and I am having trouble seeing and writing my name.  What is going on???? I feel like the neurosurgeon just wanted to test out the new Gamma Knife treatment on me and I fell for it.

Sorry to vent but feeling like there is more to come and I am not ready.

bern

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: See Neurologist today
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 02:42:42 pm »
Bern ~

I'm truly sorry to learn you're confronted by these aggravating post-radiation problems.  Obviously, I can't answer your perfectly logical question as to why these things are happening to you but I hope the neurologist can - not only tell you why - but offer some form of relief.  Please try not to become too bitter but focus on finding relief, which is your real goal.  I wish you success.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: See Neurologist today
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 05:38:58 pm »
Hi Bern:  I echo what Jim said.  I also hope the neurologist can figure out why this is happening.   
Try to keep a peaceful heart through all this.    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis