Author Topic: AN Sergical Dr. Beatty Mayo Clinic, MN or Dr. Megerian University Hospital, OH  (Read 4166 times)

Dan T

• 34M, Diagnosed with AN 9/14/09 Size 5mm
I am looking at these two Dr's that were highly recommended. University Hospital Dr. Megerin was very honest and said that I would lose hearing and save my balance. But he never mentioned any facial nerve damage.  After reading through these forums that is a real concern. Next at Mayo clinic in Minnesota Dr. Beatty, I have not yet seen him face to face for consultation because he is 12hrs away.  Has anyone used these Dr's or any input.   Thanks...

kmancini

I had Dr. Megerian and he was honest with me.  He told me he could probably save my hearing and he told me that I willl lose some of my balance but regain it back in time.  He also told me about the possability of facial nerve damage.  But you are hooked up to machines during the surgery.  He was wonderful through this whole ordeal.  He saved my hearing but I lost it because of csf leak.  My balance is about 95% back.  No facial problems.

Karen
An surgery 4-8-08
lumbar drain 4-22-08
csf leak repair 5-30-08 7-11-08 10-6 -08and 10-24-08
BAHA on 10-24-08
university hosp in Cleveland
Dr Megarian and Dr Selman

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Dan T -

both Pembo and Marci (MAlegant) are patients of Dr. Megerian.

If you'd like to read some of their posts, just search on "Dr. Megerian".

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pembo

Check your other post...I am a fan of Dr. Megerian.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006