Author Topic: Toronto western gamma knife centre  (Read 5045 times)

Ugne3030

Toronto western gamma knife centre
« on: November 08, 2014, 10:22:04 pm »
Hi,

I am considering gamma knife treatment in Toronto. I met with Dr .Payne, a radiologist and was not impressed with him at all. I met with Dr. Zadeh, a neurosurgeon who was amazing and made me feel better about the treatment. Can anyone share their experiences with me. I am concerned about nuking my tumour. It is now 2.6 cm. anyone have their treatment in TO?

Adam

Echo

Re: Toronto western gamma knife centre
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 06:58:51 pm »
Hi Adam,

I had treatment at TWH GK Center September 2013.  I'm not familiar with the two Dr.s, that you have mentioned.  The Acoustic Neuroma Association of Canada (Toronto group) can provide a listing of the most popular and experienced neurosurgeons and otolaryngologists in the city who could offer you a second opinion if you are interested.  You can also connect through that group with others who have been treated at TWH.

My experience with the GK Center was a good one.  My AN was 2.4cm when zapped and I am waiting now for the results from my one year follow up MRI.  I was well cared for, in and out in one day - no major issues post treatment.  I have had some problems, but they were to be expected due to post treatment swelling. I did not require steroids and I never needed to take a day off work.  Most of the post treatment issues I had are now behind me.

Email me if you would like more specific information about my experience.  I am quite pleased so far with the result and for me it was the right decision.

Cathie.
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital

Ugne3030

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 07:50:46 pm »
Hi Cathie,

Thanks for the information. How do,I e-mail you. I also joined ANAC and through them dr. Zadeh was the second opinion.

Adam

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 08:39:03 pm »
Hi Adam .....

For privacy/security reasons, we do not put email addresses in posts.  You can private message Cathie by clicking on the private message bubble just below her name.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Ugne3030

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 07:25:01 pm »
Thanks for the information

Cathie has reached out to me.

vb

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 05:12:00 pm »
Hi

My name is Vivian. I had Gk Almost 5 years ago. I had a goid experience with Dr. Schwartz and Dr. Cusimano. My tumor was 2.2cm. No growth. I am from Thornhill Toronto.

Vivian
Diagnosed in 2009 1.9 cm
Acoustic Meningioma
Watch an wait for one year
Gammaknife radiation at 2.1 cm
Toronto Western Hospital