Author Topic: Didn't make surgery  (Read 4861 times)

ghenier27

Didn't make surgery
« on: August 17, 2009, 05:57:24 pm »
My surgery was supposed to be today at 6am. I did go however, just as I was going under. The doctor asked for an EKG and it shown that I had a bundle branch blockage of 1%. I have normal blood pressures, no daily meds and no history of chest pain. They stopped until I could get approval with Cardiologists. I was very disappointed and scared all the way threw. I got to come back home and waitting for the Cardologist to call me for the appoinment.

Darlene

Re: Didn't make surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 06:17:15 pm »
Wow! I am so sorry!   I dont know what a bundle branch blockage is but I hope it can be corrected quickly.  How terrible to have to prepare for surgery and then have it canceled.   I am so sorry for everything you are going through but will pray and send positive thoughts your way.

Take care,
Darlene
DX: 12/6/08
1.4cm intracanicular -Middle Fossa Surgery on 7/1/09 @ NYU. Hearing preserved and speech discrimination has actually gotten better!!   Temporary Facial Paralysis- showing improvement.  1yr post-op hearing test- same 96% speech recognition- yeah!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:27:36 pm »
Gosh.  I don't know what to say other than this must have been highly frustrating for you.

I know what it's like to get yourself "geared up" for your big day.  I'm sorry you ran into a glitch and your docs couldn't do the surgery, but it sounds like they did what they felt was best.

Hopefully the cardiologist will give you the go ahead and you can reschedule your AN surgery soon.

Keep your chin up!  And please keep us updated.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

tenai98

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 05:56:02 am »
So sorry to hear that. Must be a big disappoitment, but docs know best....Fingers crossed that there isnt much delay in getting a new date set.
Jo
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:53:09 am »
I'm sorry to hear that you had to have your surgery delayed. It's tough when you have a goal point you are working toward then having that point moved at the last moment.

It's an incredible pain to get your personal life all rearranged to accommodate the things that need to happen then have to rearrange them all over again. Based on the information you gave though I'm thinking we run smack into that cliche.... the safe/sorry one.

Good luck in your scheduling adventures and keep us updated...

..take care.. tim b
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 06:56:11 am »
Wow!  It's kinda like dashing for the train and getting there just as the doors slammed shut.  I'm  so sorry you had to go through the whole process of gearing up just to have a curve thrown at you at the very last minute.  Whatever the blockage is, it is always safer to check things out first and get it taken care of.  Hope the next time you finally get the deed done!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

sgerrard

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 09:23:23 am »
Not only is a diagnosis of AN a bump in the road of life, but sometimes there are bumps in the bump.  ;)

All shall resolve in the fullness of time. Hurry up and wait!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 04:50:48 am »
My surgery was supposed to be today at 6am. I did go however, just as I was going under. The doctor asked for an EKG and it shown that I had a bundle branch blockage of 1%. I have normal blood pressures, no daily meds and no history of chest pain. They stopped until I could get approval with Cardiologists. I was very disappointed and scared all the way threw. I got to come back home and waitting for the Cardologist to call me for the appoinment.

Ghenier,
Any updates after your visit to the cardiologist?
Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 08:58:50 pm »
ghenier27,
  I'm surprised that this didn't show up on the pre-op check.   There have been a few others on the forum reporting that their surgery was delayed until they see their cardiologist.   Hopefully things will go more smoothly for you once you're rescheduled.
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW