Author Topic: SSD before treatment?  (Read 2002 times)

lholl36233

SSD before treatment?
« on: August 31, 2009, 03:46:52 pm »
Hi,

Was anyone SSD before treatment, had radiation and then got the BAHA? 

Thanks.
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: SSD before treatment?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 07:00:42 am »
I became SSD after my AN surgery - and then got the BAHA.

If you are SSD, you would be a candidate for the BAHA, no matter how your unilateral deafness came about.

Mike Corso (mikjul1) - who posts here a lot under the hearing section - didn't have an AN at all.  He and his teenage son are both unilaterally deaf as the result of a hereditary condition.  Mike just got his BP100, his son has had the implant surgery and is healing.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
Re: SSD before treatment?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 08:03:39 pm »
As Jan said I am SSD do you have a ? you would like to ask we are hear for everyone as a big support group for AN and hearing impaired.  ;D  I do have a Meningioma brain tumor but very small Dr. just watches it every year to is if it grows it is on the left frontal lobe but it is not a AN but still scarey when you hear brain tumor. Luckily it is a real slow growing kind if at all. that is how I came to this site along time ago looking at tumor info and found the hearing part of the web but I never told anyone I had a small tumor.

Mike
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09