Author Topic: This ANer needs to diet  (Read 33212 times)

matti

Re: This ANer needs to diet
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2006, 12:05:01 pm »
BattyP. - I am with you on just stating pounds lost. not even severe torture would make me tell my weight. Even my drivers license has a fantasy weight on it, according to my license I have been the same weight since I was 16, that was 33 years ago. Glad I am just able to renew by mail.

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Static

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2006, 12:13:15 pm »
Wow, you can renew by mail?  Every 4 years I have to have a new pic taken here in PA.  And as far as stating pounds lost...... I don't have a scale and that's my excuse!
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

shoegirl

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2006, 01:32:13 pm »
I am with all of you on the weight lost only.  I would be embarrassed to share my weight.  Hate scales. 

Matti,

South Beach is low carb (allows the right kind of carbs) and high protein (right kind of course).  The first 2 weeks are kind of strict and then you can add more carbs back into your diet.  I like it cuz you loose alot of weight during the first two weeks.  And then 1-2 pounds after that as long as you are on stage 2.  Stage 3 is to maintain.  I like the jump start during the first two weeks keeps me motivated.

I often thought about trying weight watchers, do you like it?
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2006, 01:48:12 pm »
Oh Yeah--I want in, too!  PULLLLEEEEEEEEZ!     PULLLLLEEEEEZ!

I've only got 10 lbs. to lose, but you need me for comic relief! Besides--I'd really really short. Dr. Love went fishing at 6:00 this morning--of course he woke me totally up looking for everyting before he left, so I got up and had 1/2 a Ghirardelli Toffee Interlude for before breakfast, breakfast, and then the other half after breakfast for breakfast dessert.

Ahem,

My name is Captain Deb (sobs) and I'm a.....a....a......CHOCOHOLIC!

There I said it.  I am powerless over chocolate and my life is unmanagable.

Monday would be a good day to fess up and check in.  I joined the local gym 2 weeks ago and I have been 4 (count 'em--four) whole times!  Progress, not perfection, I always sez!

But HEY! a year ago I could hardly get out of bed--constant migraines and hole in stomach from meds.  So now I can do 3 miles on a treadmill--I'M  AWWWWWESOMMMMME!

Yeehaw -- ladies--we're ALLLL AWWWWWESOOOOOME!!! ;D
Captain Deb 8)

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

minnkris

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2006, 02:01:17 pm »
When I first heard about the types of surgery for AN, I thought I could get myself into the best possible shape I could OR I could eat, drink and merry. Well, eat, drink and be merry won and that is a really hard habit to break! ;D

I need help! I have never weighed so much in my life! Ick!
8mm x 6mm AN left side
GK August, 2005

Battyp

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2006, 02:32:28 pm »
Coupled with the steriods a lot of us took...My pants don't fit anymore.  I had to borrow my brother shorts one day as I got paint on mine..I never gave them back  lol  If it wasn't for those suckers I'd never get to the grocery store  :o

thecakes

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2006, 06:15:40 pm »
  I had afish sandwich and curly fries(Arbys)  a small bowl of bran flakes, and then I stopped at the gas station{2.35 gal.} and had my all time favorite----- a little debbie------ I'm a little debbie kind of girl--love em.  My passion is the sweet roll, with the white frosting. :P

matti

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2006, 06:31:35 pm »
Now you have me craving cinnabon. Ever since this thread started I've been doing nothing but eating.  ;D
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2006, 06:42:48 pm »
Too funny Cakes..I started eating Little Debbies after they told me I wasn't diabetic anymore  YUMMMMY

Of course this is the night my son's gf is making me brownies..YUMMMMY but we're out Milk can anyone run to the store for me?  It's dark here I can't go  lol

Static

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2006, 08:27:47 pm »
I love cinnabon but rush right past it in the mall because once I've given in, it's too late and I'll eat a whole box!  Lately I've been getting a sugar/cinnamon fix from Aunt Annies cinnamon pretzels, yum!  I think I'll run to the mall tomorrow once the kiddies go to their guard competition.  Sound like a plan?
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Battyp

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 08:32:35 pm »
Yes get some for me please :o)

Static

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2006, 09:07:43 pm »
No problem  ;)
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Jeanlea

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2006, 09:37:21 pm »
I too, am munching while I read this post.  At least it's Orville Redenbacher's 94% fat free popcorn.  I'm trying to lose the extra 20 pounds from the "I had a brain tumor, I can eat anything I want" diet.  After being in the hospital for a long week I'd actually lost 10 pounds.  I balanced myself precariously on the scale shortly after coming home.  :-)  That weight loss didn't last long though.  And then I kept on gaining weight.  I've gotten back to walking again.  It's helping some.  I've also started writing down what I eat, except on the days I eat too much.  lol  Guess that isn't very valuable.  I belonged to Weight Watchers in the past.  Even made it to my goal and a lifetime member, but I'm over my goal now.  Anybody want to be my cyber weight watcher pal?

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Static

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2006, 09:43:08 pm »
Jean,

I was on that same diet for quite some time - "I had a brain tumor and can eat anything I want"!  Sometimes I go back, it's an easy fix.  Salad just isn't as good as chocolate ice cream and pretzels!
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Jeanlea

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2006, 09:49:07 pm »
Being the teacher in school isn't helpful either.  Students bring treats to my door!  Of course my students now know that if I have the will power I will give it to one of them.  (if they are good lol)  Today I couldn't pass up the rice krispies with peanut butter with chocolate frosting.  Too good!

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD