Author Topic: 11 months and 3 weeks ago...  (Read 1687 times)

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
11 months and 3 weeks ago...
« on: August 01, 2009, 01:42:28 pm »

I was up on a ladder, taping off the crown molding in my dining room so I could put a fresh coat of paint on it.  I was in the slow (painful!) process of working my way around my house. I stopped to go run an errand, and that was when I got the news from my ENT about my MRI.  The ladder was put away and the project was jettisoned in favor of my new hobby, researching brain tumors. :-\
The blue masking tape around a third of the dining room remained, a constant reminder of my life on hold.  So-o-o-o-o, today I very carefully climbed back up on the ladder, finished taping around the molding, and painted my way around the room.  I can't wait to pull the tape off, although the tape that was left from last summer will no doubt pull off the paint under it.  I don't even care if it does. :D
I feel like accomplished something toward blessed normality.

Now, I just have to keep working my way around the rest of the house.  Or better yet, hire someone else to do it!  ;)

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: 11 months and 3 weeks ago...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 02:37:36 pm »
Oh, Priscilla .....

Please be careful up on the ladder!  Shortly before I was diagnosed with my AN, my husband and I were painting our guest bedroom ..... I was up on a chair, helping him dismantle the ceiling fan in preparation to paint around it ...... stepped off the chair and kept on going ...... did not even realize I was headed for the floor until it smacked me on the hip.  Fortunately I only ended up with significant bruises.

Now, 17 months post op I have again been painting (our kitchen and dining room this time) ...... well, actually I have been doing the taping, my husband the actual painting (he doesn't trust me to balance a roller and paint pan   :o) ..... and I agree, it does feel good to resume doing more normal things again!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: 11 months and 3 weeks ago...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 05:29:57 pm »
Wow!  Has it been a year already?  It seems like yesterday that we PM'd for the first time after your diagnosis.  Like myself, I'm sure this last year was a year of "firsts since surgery" for ya..  Keep having them as they're great accomplishments!  Congrats! 

I've scared Jenni half to death by getting up on a ladder several times changing high light bulbs, drilling holes for hangars, etc..  Imagine that?  ME on a ladder with a POWER TOOL!  ;)

I bet it was sweet justice that you were able to get up and finish what was started a year or so ago..  Sweet!

Regards,

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager