Author Topic: Two year MRI tomorrow  (Read 1518 times)

Dana

• Hi!
Two year MRI tomorrow
« on: July 26, 2009, 03:39:43 pm »
Dear ones,
Well, I'm up to my two year anniversary of having Gamma Knife and I have an MRI tomorrow.  I may not have a report until the Univ. of Wash. AN team reviews it in a month or so, but I just wanted to know that my AN would be thinking of me!  I'm excited to find out what's been going on in terms of tumor size and death -- SSD has gotten substantially worse, as has balance, but who knows what that means!  I'm also, of course, somewhat anxious -- I just had a rough week, turning 60 years old.  I'm not depressed turning 60, I just can't believe it, that's all!  My wonderful friends and co-workers got me through that -- with a tiara that said "60" and red roses and a party.  I'm successfully at the top of the hill, but not yet seeing the view....!
Love to all,
and thanks,
Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Two year MRI tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 04:18:13 pm »
Dana ~

Those MRI scans are always a bit traumatic but I'm sure you'll find out that your AN is dying, just as you want it to.

As a fellow septuagenarian I can certainly understand your feelings about turning 60.  Every birthday, I still ask myself "how did that happen?"  I submit that age gives one a unique perspective that can sometimes benefit those who are willing to accept the considered advice of an older person.   Unfortunately, many folks just aren't interested.  Too bad.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

Re: Two year MRI tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 04:43:46 pm »
As a fellow septuagenarian...

Golly, Jim, septuagenarian sounds even older. Sexagenarian sounds a little better...

I have not crested that hill yet, but I am on the final ascent now. I hope the view is worth it. Quinquagenarian sounds down right silly, though.

Dana, I'm not sure what "SSD has gotten worse" means, it seems to me that once you are SSD, the hearing on that side should at least qualify as stabilized.

I share with Jim the confidence that your MRI will turn out to be unremarkable.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.