Author Topic: Translab questions..  (Read 7356 times)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Translab questions..
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 05:39:06 am »
I requested to "keep my skull bone."  I'm a science teacher

I requested to keep my AN ! ... and was denied... they send it off to be tested (I assume to test for cancer) and it not once piece.
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

wcrimi

Re: Translab questions..
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 09:02:55 pm »
The high speed drill that is used to cut through the skull bone destroys the bone.  In some surgeries, bone dust is a problem which later can be a culprit in causing headaches.  SUE

This is exacly what I was told by Dr. Smouha.

I was also told that Dr. Post had invented a techiqnue to cope with the bone dust and had reduced the incidence of headaches among his patients.  I get very occasional mild headaches, but I'm not even 100% sure they are related to my surgery. I tend to get them then when I am really tired. So it may have something to do with the surgery, worse balance when I'm tired, added stress etc... without being related to skull dust, but I really don't know.

1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move