Author Topic: Update on My Dad  (Read 11844 times)

Pooge

Update on My Dad
« on: March 14, 2006, 09:21:33 pm »
Just wanted to let some of you know my Dad came home from Rehab last friday and is doing well, they want him to still use the walker for a few more weeks.  But he can walk without it.   Still has some red eye on the left eye{tumor side.}  But eye drops help him.  Cant say enough about Dr. Helm and Dr Hashaki at the University of Virginia Medical center, They did a great job.   His incesion is almost healed, you can see it going away now.  The nurse said it was one best healed wounds she had ever seen.  Plus his spirits are up now since he is home, he is finalyy back on the road to a normal life agian.  Just wanted to thank all that helped me.  Plus if you have any questions let me know.  Even though I did not have the surgery, I learned alot about it. 

Thanks
 :D

4.5cm left side
UVA Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Update on My Dad
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 09:41:46 pm »
Pooge,

Fab news about your dad and another success story out of UVAM.  They sound terrific down there from all I have read and sounds like he truly has had the best of care. I hope you and the rest of your family are hanging in there and please send continued healthy wishes to you dad for me.

Be well... and continued speedy recovery to your dad.

Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 10:12:56 pm »
YEAH Pooge's Dad..YIPEE another sucess story...I love hearing how well everyone is doing!   

sunshine16

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 11:13:06 am »
this is a great news.... 

kwong521

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 11:20:55 pm »
Just wanted to let some of you know my Dad came home from Rehab last friday and is doing well, they want him to still use the walker for a few more weeks.  But he can walk without it.   Still has some red eye on the left eye{tumor side.}  But eye drops help him.  Cant say enough about Dr. Helm and Dr Hashaki at the University of Virginia Medical center, They did a great job.   His incesion is almost healed, you can see it going away now.  The nurse said it was one best healed wounds she had ever seen.  Plus his spirits are up now since he is home, he is finalyy back on the road to a normal life agian.  Just wanted to thank all that helped me.  Plus if you have any questions let me know.  Even though I did not have the surgery, I learned alot about it. 

Thanks
 :D

4.5cm left side
UVA Hospital

Great news...I wish your dad all the best. 

mbnolde

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 04:49:19 pm »
I realize that this posting is from a while ago, but I was just diagnosed by Dr. Hashisaki at U.Va. Medical Center with an AN that is very small at this point and he recommends a watch and wait treatment program.  Yours is the only posting that mentions him by name.....please let me know more about his skills as a surgeon and your dad's experiences.  I am contemplating a 2nd opinion and wondered if it was necessary.

Thanks,

MB Nolde

lorismom

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 10:29:47 am »
Just wanted to let mbnolde know that my daughter lives in Richmond, VA and had surgery done by Dr. Singh Sahni. If you are interested in a second opinion, I'd definitely go to him. We feel that he was sent down from heaven. His skills and caring demeanor couldn't be more evident.

mbnolde

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 11:24:06 am »
Just wanted to let mbnolde know that my daughter lives in Richmond, VA and had surgery done by Dr. Singh Sahni. If you are interested in a second opinion, I'd definitely go to him. We feel that he was sent down from heaven. His skills and caring demeanor couldn't be more evident.

Thank you so much for this information.  I can do Richmond much easier than another state.  I assume your daughter is doing well?  If you don't mind...what was her diagnosis?  Where is Dr. Sahni located?  Is he at MCV or in private practice?  How can I find him? 

Thanks again for this info.....

MB

lorismom

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 01:43:44 pm »
Dr. Sahni is at Johnson-Willis. I wish I could give you his phone number, but I don't have it. I live in Pennsylvania and all med records are with my daughter. She is doing so much better now. She lost her hearing in her left ear, but we knew that was going to happen before her surgery. Some facial numbness and balance issues, but she's handling it like a champ.
If you would like to email her: loribrown78@hotmail.com .

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 02:48:17 pm »
I found a doctor “K.S. Sahni MD� in Neurology
Richmond, Virginia

On this PDF
www.henricodoctors.com/PhysRefResultsReport.asp

Is this the doctor you are looking for? (Photo on page)
http://cjwmedical.com/CustomPage.asp?guidCustomContentID=30D08914-6E46-406A-A022-6675285487CE

If not  - give me more specifics (initials etc) and I will search further for you.

Cheers,

« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 02:50:19 pm by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

mbnolde

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 05:45:44 pm »
I found a doctor “K.S. Sahni MD� in Neurology
Richmond, Virginia

On this PDF
www.henricodoctors.com/PhysRefResultsReport.asp

Is this the doctor you are looking for? (Photo on page)
http://cjwmedical.com/CustomPage.asp?guidCustomContentID=30D08914-6E46-406A-A022-6675285487CE

If not  - give me more specifics (initials etc) and I will search further for you.

Cheers,

Yes, that is him!  I have already made contact with his facility and got a very nice reply to an email from his head nurse.  I will be calling soon for an appointment for the 2nd opinion.  Thanks for researching for me!  You are the best!

MB