Author Topic: Surgery go an at John Hopkins vs mass general in Boston  (Read 2804 times)

racecar

Surgery go an at John Hopkins vs mass general in Boston
« on: March 05, 2016, 10:56:58 am »
Hi newly diagnosed will require surg any info on Drs at John Hopkins vs mass general  have consult 3/7/2016

Blw

Re: Surgery go an at John Hopkins vs mass general in Boston
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 11:21:58 pm »
Two good places. I would say get as many consults as you can tolerate. You learn something new with each consultation. It should be a careful process. Choosing the type of treatment is the hardest step. Make sure your surgeons do lots of these types of surgeries--like hundreds or even thousands. I would also say make sure the place actually is set up to do AN surgeries, such as with their own center. These surgeries can be very very long, and you want multiple people involved who are experienced.

Anne S B

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:24:58 am »
I had Cyberknife at Johns Hopkins three years ago, recommended by my doctor, Howard Francis.  Dr. Francis was wonderful and evaluated my best chance for treatment (surgery vs CK).  He is an ENT, not a surgeon; thus had no personal bias.  In my support group I find that going first to a surgeon pretty much assures a recommendation for surgery.  Of course the size of the tumor often dictates which procedure to have.  Good luck!

ANER

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 04:35:47 pm »
I am currently under the care of the Mckenna/Barker team at MEEI/Mass General.  I'm watch and wait, but am very pleased with my team so far. Dr. McKenna and his colleagues have been great with the consults thus far.  Good Luck
Diagnosed 10/22/15  11-8-7mm
Watch and Wait as of 11/9/15
Had a ride in the MRI on 5/2/16 with no new growth.
Riding this Watch and Wait Train until May 2017.