Author Topic: 6 days post op  (Read 3160 times)

nanlt124

• learning more everyday
6 days post op
« on: October 06, 2010, 12:57:54 pm »
my name is dave and my mom had surgery Thurs 09/30/10 for right side acoustic nuroma came home Mon 10/04/10 a litlle out of it still very dizzy and constant double vision. left eye wants to close all the time but is able to walk with walker and shower with chair. she wants me to thank everyone for support and info and will be back on forum as soon as she can

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 6 days post op
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:12:37 pm »
Hi, Dave ~

Thanks for the update on your mom.  Her dizziness and double vision are relatively normal (I had them, too) and should be temporary.  It seems as if she's doing well.  Your mom needs to rest and regain her strength, which shouldn't take too long - but she should go at her own pace.  It isn't a race.  We'll welcome her back when she's up to posting.

Jim
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:40:11 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 05:31:16 pm »
Ah, Jim .....

Rarely do you do this ..... posing????   ;D  We know you meant "posting."  I did get a chuckle.

Dave, we're glad your mom is back home after surgery.  The double vision is very normal.  I kept having to tell my husband, "Don't stop talking.  I'm awake.  I just can't handle seeing two of you!"  Keep a watch on that left eye that wants to close, but I suspect it is a brain thing that might take a few days to right itself.

Let us know how she continues to recover.

Prayers.  Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

cin605

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 05:39:14 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D   posing...lol.....We do it so well!!!!
Thanks for the update Dave.....Tell your Mom we all say HI!!
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 06:53:17 pm »
Dave -

thanks for the update on your mom.  Double vision is a side-effect lots of us had post op (me included); it generally doesn't last long-term.

You'll find that your mom will get a little better each and every day.  Some days will be one step forward and two steps backs, but in time her surgery will be just a distance memory.

Please give her our best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Lizard

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 10:40:37 am »
Thank you for the update, and I hope your mother continues to improve.  Remember that she may have some days where it seems she has gone backwards in the healing process.  It happens, but usually the next day will bring positive improvement.
Hugs for your mom,
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

nanlt124

• learning more everyday
4 weeks tomorrow
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 09:27:29 am »
hello to all  surgery 9/30 and i am getting better every day     thanks for all of your kind words and encouragement   i am without a walker now - most of the time    still get a little tired   my vision is better but, not yet normal    i am planning to return to work nov 18 and will hopefully be driving by then     i have been very fortunate - a few bad days and really nothing to speak of (no migraines or any real pain at all)
5 days in neuro icu due to bp issues   i was very out of it during that time and could not even speak properly (my words came out all wrong and i actually thought maybe i had a stroke - which i did not)   anyway, just wanted to praise my surgeons - dr christopher danner and dr agazzi (neurosurgeon) as well as tampa general hospital   they were the best     thanks again to everyone    i hope that my positive experience will give some reassurance to others    nancy from clearwater

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 11:45:27 am »
Nancy .....

So glad to read that you are doing so well post-surgery.  Other than the BP issues, it sounds like you had a relatively "normal" recovery.  Keep up the good work.  Walk, rest, rest, walk, etc.  Listen to your body as you continue on your successful recovery.

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

GramaSuby

• "Lost my muchness have I"? ALICE IN WONDERLAND
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 12:29:37 pm »
Nancy,
I'm really happy to hear you are doing well. I too had surgery on 9/30 and am amazed at how much better I get each day :)
This forum is such a great place to help w/ recovery since you know you are not alone on this crazy journey.  My prayers are w/ you for a continued recovery.

Sue
Diagnosed Nov 08  w/ 14x13x14mm left AN. Translab on 9/30/10 w/ Dr's Mattox & Olson at Emory University Hosp. in Atlanta.  Post surgery complications were meningitis & pneumonia. Hospitalized for 12 days, zero memory for the first 5.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 06:05:26 pm »
Hello Nancy, and welcome to the Postie side! You are almost on your one month anniversary, you seem to be doing very well! Keep up the good spirits and remember just listen to your body, as it will probably be telling you all kinds of different things as time goes on!  Keep us update when you can, take care!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston