Author Topic: Depression Survey  (Read 6274 times)

nannettesea

Re: Depression Survey
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 02:03:09 pm »
Batty,
I've been treated (not so successfully) for depression for the last ten years.  About two years ago I noticed heightened depression and anxiety--the anxiety is new for me.  My AN was right side.  Tumor probably started about 3-4 years ago. About a year ago, a few months before diagnosis, started having BAD anxiety problems and emotional problems.  I now think it was the AN.  But who knows, also had some situations that were extreme.  And, a few months before diagnosis, lost my appetite.  Before when depressed, would eat and so was overweight.  I've lost about 60-70 pounds throughout this ordeal.  Needed to, but what a way to lose it.
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 05:50:03 pm »
Deb...your mention of winter reminded me...Last fall I got one of those personal lights for S.A.D.   I've noticed, in the last 6-7 years that I'm really wanting to follow the daylight....when it's winter and there's not so many hours, all I want to do is sleep.  Not depressed, just want to sleep when it gets dark.  For a while I was tanning, then I stopped when I had a precancerous mole, and the tanning really helped with the SAD symptoms...so I tried the light.  Works pretty well. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 06:07:58 pm »
I usually buy myself a one-way ticket to Florida in shortly after Christmas. When he can't stand being alone anymore,  Dr. Love drives down and drags me kicking and screaming into the car, ties me up and drives me back up to the frozen north.  He's really nice to me for a week before he unties me so I stick around.
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 06:21:33 pm »
You pirates are really massochists (can't spell). toys, tie ups, shake rattle and rollins, "crickey mate" go tackle a croc for some pleasure. You have to wear a safari top and shorts though - it's standard gear!
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Battyp

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 06:25:05 pm »
Lar the croc might bite my tata's off and I'm kinda partial to em  ;)

millert

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 10:19:03 pm »
Right side AN. Removed in Dec. 1998. Minor depression post-op. Major depression ongoing since early 2004. Left side hearing loss with hyperacusis were diagnosed. Never had a headache until after surgery. Steadily increased with severity and frequency. What a life style change!! 
Right side AN, removed Dec. 1998 Jackler;Pitts @UCSF,

Battyp

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2006, 11:33:32 pm »
Def a life style change and I for one am still trying to figure out how to handle it all!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2006, 06:07:14 am »
curious if the depression is prevelent in radio-surgery patients? Noticing the comments on micro-surgery but not much on radio-surgery....
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LaMar

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2006, 09:23:52 am »
I had a right side 3.3cm tumor and I am suffering from depression.  I was no suffering from it before the tumor was diagnosed though.  I think that it is probably just from stress.  My depression did increase after the tumor was removed.  I was give meds but have not taken them...I am still waiting on the psych consult.  Go figure...the army is great!
LaMar Resch
US Army
3.5cm tumor in right side
Removed 5 Dec 2005 @ MUSC by
Dr. Lambert

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2006, 11:19:21 am »
Hey LaMar and welcome!
If you go to "profile" and then"Modify Profile" and then Forum Profile Info--under "signature" you can enter info about your treatment, etc.  It will give us a frame of reference on you.
You are in a great place where a lot of us have been through what you are going through and come out the other side.
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW