Author Topic: Roller coasters post AN removal...  (Read 5019 times)

Kaybo

Re: Roller coasters post AN removal...
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 06:07:51 pm »
Cheri~
Did you have a translab?  That is one of the 2 things they told me I could NEVER do b/c of the drastic pressure change!  i was really bummed b/c I REALLY wanted skydive - my mom was really happy though!  Brendlu was a skydiver and didn't want to have surgery b/c she didn't want to give it up!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

grega

Re: Roller coasters post AN removal...
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 06:59:31 pm »
Hi Tim .... thanks for starting this ... it's fun to read thoughts of those who do ride 'em after AN, as well as those who think they might, but just aren't sure.  I wish the latter folks well when they do first ride as a postie.  Hopefully it'll be fun for all of you, without problems.

For me, I had AN surgery in November, so I had lots of time to get ready for my first post-AN ride.  Hershey Park in PA is a great place to experience all levels of wood and steel coasters .... about 14 in all.  I go at least once a year.  A friend who is afraid of heights is my coaster buddy .... he got me riding some of the higher level rides .... their newest has a 97-degree first drop ..... that's right .... past straight down !!! :o

Echoing Jim, space mountain and all the other Disney coasters are fun.  Daughter Kaitlin worked space mountain for the Disney intern program .... so we rode it more than once.

Two other fun rides are "high-roller" and "big shot" on top of the Stratosphere in Vegas.  The first is a coaster .... the second is the opposite of a quick drop ..... straight up real fast.  What a view!  And the San Diego's Belmont Park coaster is fun.

Re the first line of your June 24 post, I live just outside Annapolis.  If you get east to the Academy, PM me and perhaps get together for a beer.  From your blog, I know you like coffee, so that's an alternative beverage.

Anyway, stay well all!   :D

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"