Author Topic: DRY MOUTH  (Read 2083 times)

jazzfunkanne

DRY MOUTH
« on: December 07, 2008, 10:46:22 am »
Hi everyone, i was at the dentist last week and he informed me i had a dry mouth, he said the saliva glands were not making much saliva, he told me too try SMINTS (these are mints i dont know if you get them in america) he says if that fails i have to go to the GP's and get tablets to produce saliva, i dont really want to go down this road, had anyone got any solutions.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: DRY MOUTH
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 11:14:47 am »
Anne -

we do have SMINTS here in America - at least in Illinois where I live.

There is a great line of products here called Biotene.  They make toothpaste, mouthwash, mouth gel, etc., for dry mouth.

I don't know if Biotene will necessarily help you produce saliva, but these products work wonders for the dryness.  I purchase mine at www.drugstore.com but they also carry Biotene products in drugstores around my house.

I'm 19 months post op and I still have dry mouth at times so I still use Biotene occasionally.

It's like I always say "AN, the gift that just keeps on giving"  ;)  ;D

Good luck with the dry mouth,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 04:58:24 pm »
Thanks Jan i will look into thatx

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 07:46:58 pm »
I'm almost 6 months post-op, and I have a very dry mouth.  The neurosurgeon told me that is very normal to have.
I've never heard of SMINTS, so thanks for the tip.  I will look for them the next time I go out, and also the Biotene. (thanks Jan, for that tip).
I've just kinda learned to live with it.....but I'm glad to hear there is a product for it.
Kinda drives ya crazy, doesn't it?  It's always something.....isn't it?  ha.
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 06:09:04 am »
My dentist told me if your mouth becomes too dry it can start to decay your teeth, thats why he wants me too see the gp about saliva stimulating tablets if the smints dont help he also mention sugar fee gum.