Author Topic: hearing both channels in one ear  (Read 2919 times)

mudpuppy

hearing both channels in one ear
« on: March 01, 2008, 12:59:30 pm »
Since my wife is now deaf in one ear (AN removed 8 months ago), we have been looking around for some sort of headphones that put both stereo channels in one ear.  After lots of looking, I've turned up these: http://www.scansound.com/single-stereo-earbud.htm.

Anyone heard of any other solutions?

Thanks!

LADavid

Re: hearing both channels in one ear
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:21:45 pm »
mudpuppy
Thanks for the lead.  I wondered if they existed.  The only other option is remixing the CDs stereo sound onto one channel.  According to my brother who is a musician, this is possible on a mixing board.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Don

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 02:13:08 pm »
 Good Beans I will order one now! The iPod is what got me listening to music again as believe it or not I could no longer enjoy it when I first got home and it depressed me as I would remember where I was when I first heard the song and growing up in the barrios of East LA I learned to dance at an early age and could no longer do that also if you can afford it do get a Bose Sound dock for the iPod it is amazing sound from such a compact unit I was putting both ear buds next to my ear and bought a device called a Boostaroo to boost the volume an iPod amplifier sold on Amazon, I now can once again dance somewhat but I dont think I will be on TV anytime soon maybe if I keep at it another 10 years or so? 45 years of practice down the drain, I remember learning the twist anybody else remember Limbo sets and Limbo parties? LOL things were simpler way back it didnt take much to amuse us.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 02:39:10 pm »
Friday at work I was doing the twist, mash potato, swim, jerk, monkey - an oldie but goldie came on & our secretary
called me into her office - great way to end the work week.
I was just a kid when those moves came out, but I still remember them (have 2 older brothers....)

( "....do the mash potato,I can do the twist, tell me baby, do you like it like this..." - come on Sue in Vancouver, join in !!   Happy Birthday !!)
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Don

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 04:26:44 pm »
Whatever happened to Hula hoops? Its not complicated enough I suppose I bought my Grandson an Etch a Sketch and he loves it, also got him an old fashioned metal pedal car.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 04:40:13 pm »
I was  #1 with the Hoola Hoop as a kid - tried it as an adult - couldn't do it.
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 09:38:46 pm »
Radio Shack also has inexpensive stereo-to-mono adapters that will work with the headphones you already have.  That's what I use for my iPod.  It does leave the other earbud dangling around, useless, but it's another option.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Tamara

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 05:50:15 am »
I checked out the website posted by Mudpuppy, and found that strangely, the minimum order for the earbud is 2.  Why would anyone want 2??  They are $5.95 each.  It certainly won't break the bank to order 2 of them, but maybe someone here would want to buy one off me??

Tamara
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...