Author Topic: FSRT completed !!!!!!!  (Read 2529 times)

Timjk

FSRT completed !!!!!!!
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:03:40 pm »

Hello fellow AN'ers.. I completed my 28 session Novalis therapy 2 weeks ago.. Here is my latest question... I am having a "full feeling" in the back of my neck, and when I bend my head back to look up the feeling seems to push into the back of my head. Turning my head from side to side is a project also.. makes me VERY dizzy.. I am calling my Dr. in the morning to discuss this with him.. I have never had vertigo so I am guessing.. I am paraplegic so any walking tests are out. But I feel like if I could walk I would be struggling..

Has anyone had these symptoms ??

Thanks for any feedback..

Tim   
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!

Dealy

Re: FSRT completed !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 06:09:42 am »
Tim- Recall I had 25 sessions of FSR in summer of 2006. Yes I had the same sensation in the neck etc. Johns Hopkins gave me very small doses of Steroids-DO NOT OVERDO WITH THIS- CAN AFFECT MUSCLES AND BONE DENSITY. Anyway- it finally went away-cannot recall how long it took though. Heck I am lucky if I can remember what happened yesterday. Glad too hear that you got it done. Good Luck from a fellow NF2er. I am still here-just do not post that much anymore. Ron

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 08:06:52 am »
Hi Tim! Been looking for updates from you and to see how you are doing.  Glad the radio part of your treatment is now done.... fullness tends to occur (not for all, but for some and I endured it as well immediately post CK).  For me, I actually found allergy meds (such as Benedryl or such) help with the fullness feeling... .don't know the reasoning why it would help, but in my case, it did.

Hang in there.... and btw, status on your Chiari procedure? How did that go?  You know I have a special interest in that follow up as well. Hang tough!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Betsy

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 09:04:25 am »
Hi Tim,

Congrats on finishing FSR...28 sessions is a long time.  I know I felt a sense of accomplishment after my one treatment (even though the docs did all the work), so it must feel good for you to be through with it.

I didn't experience the head-fullness like you are, but I'm quite familiar with the side to side thing.  On a bad day just looking over my shoulder can set off waves of wobbliness.  My doc calls it oscilliopsia.  Had it before getting zapped too.  Vestibular therapy is helping, especially gaze stabilization exercises, which can be done standing or sitting.  After about 2 months of 2x per day exercises, the unsteadiness has diminished by maybe half.

I do hope the fullness and dizziness you're experiencing is a short term after-effect of the radiation.  Let us know what your doc says.

Best wishes to you,

Betsy

15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

Timjk

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 11:20:53 pm »

Hi Phyl... The Chiari procedure went very well.. I was having very bad cramping in my ribs,chest,arms and hands before the surgery.. I saw immediate improvement in the cramping.. It has recently started coming back, gradually.. It is my # 1 topic for my next visit...

Thanks to all for your replies..

Tim
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!