Author Topic: Kathleen update 7-24  (Read 3025 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Kathleen update 7-24
« on: July 24, 2006, 01:58:32 pm »
Hi all:

well, I just hung up with our "bad" coast girlie... her voice sounds better (as it pertains to her facial function) and she was easy to understand. Her mom and her are exceptionally exhausted as they have not been getting any rest but the nurses are in exceptionally frequently to check the drain bag.  She wanted to thank everyone, not only for the well wishes, but for the emails as well (yes, the hospital has been bringing them in).  She had a CT scan this am so they can try to find out what is causing all of the nausea... she hopes the dr will tell her results this afternoon when he does his rounds.  Mentally, she's def. down in the dumps (rightfully so). I tried to crack a few bad jokes.. the only one she fell for is..what if I send a nekked fat pic of myself to make her laugh.. she said it would make her puke, thus, my reply, well, that will cure the nausea! :)

Anyway, she is hanging in there as best as she can, in light of everything. I send along everyone's wishes, thoughts, huggles and farts (yep, Beanie had to get in on it again!) and told her I'd check in later.

Please keep her in your wishes....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

matti

Re: Kathleen update 7-24
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:27:29 pm »
Thanks for the update Phyl :-*

I had the gift shop send up a teddy bear so that our "best coast" girl had something to cuddle with.

hugs,
Cheryl

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

marystro

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 05:03:13 pm »
Don't know Kathleen personally but my family's prayers are with her.  Tell her Alex, my 8-year old, has a direct channel with you know who up there and it is powerful ;)!  So is my friend back in San Diego.  Wish her well very very soon!!!
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 05:12:35 pm »
Thx for the update girly. Tell our Mom that she has to get well soon coz she is co favourite for the annual wet T-Shirt competition in the Northern Territory.  She has been there on the good ship PBW.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

matti

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 08:07:41 pm »
I just got off the phone with our "best coast" girl and her CT scan looked normal. The nausea is probabaly from the low pressure. She sounds really down and as Phyl says, "rightfully so".  Doctors will be meeting with her tomorrow to decide what to do next.  On a positive note, she is not missing any reality tv. We all know how theraputic some of these shows can be. Right Battyp? ;)

Keeping our "best coast" girl in our prayers!
Cheryl

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

nannettesea

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 08:33:02 pm »
Praying every moment....
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach