Author Topic: Good News!!!  (Read 2065 times)

lauralynn

Good News!!!
« on: April 22, 2011, 12:31:54 am »
Hello Everyone,

Some of you already know that my employer had denied me any disability benefits this past February...I appealed their decision and they finally called me this week and told me that they overturned the decision!  I could not believe my ear!   :P  I called and told everyone that knew I was awaiting their decision!  It was like getting a HUGE Christmas present, what an answered prayer!   I can finally concentrate on my health.  Anyone out there that is not sure if they are ready to return to work or not...be ABSOLUTELY sure coz once you get off of disability and try to get back on it...it's very difficult.  Well in the states and with my company it was anyway.   Thanks to all that prayed for me!! 

God Bless,

Laura Lynn
4 cm left AN/diagnosed 1/23/09
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter
Balance issues, 100% hearingl loss (left ear), tinnitus, facial numbness/pain,
chronic fatigue, weakness, eye issues

God Bless everyone

lori67

Re: Good News!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 06:23:17 am »
That is better than good news - that's GREAT news!  I'm so happy it all worked out for you!   ;D

Now you can relax and take care of YOU!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:37:47 am »
Laura Lynn ......

So glad the upper management level decided they did have a heart after all and cleared you for disability benefits!  Another example of carefully calculated harassment to see if they could get someone to quit fighting the corrupted system.  Don't get me started on health insurance claims .....  In all fairness, yes, I do know of people who abuse the system but when all the documentation is clearly there, why put someone through this additional anguish in the midst of major health events.

Now you can relax and get on with the healing your body desperately needs, instead of worrying about where the money will come from.

Continuing thoughts and prayers that you will be led to the treatment that brings you relief!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 06:45:34 am »
Congrats, Laura Lynn  ;D

And, I see you got your profile picture to work!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 02:36:35 pm »
Laura Lynn ~

I know (from my wife's experience) how difficult it can be to obtain deserved disability benefits and I'm delighted to learn that you finally prevailed.  Congratulations! 

Congratulations too on getting your photo posted as an avatar.  I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help - but its a nice photo.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 07:51:17 am »
Lauralynn-
That I's WONDERFUL news!! I am so happy for you!  Now...take care of YOU!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

rayden1

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 12:02:32 pm »
Hi Laura Lynn

Delighted for you. Keep well.

Annx

lauralynn

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 03:35:28 pm »
Thank you everyone!  How ya doing Kaybo????  Hope you are feeling better each day.  And yes...now I can finally concentrate on my health and that is definately what I'm going to do!  One way or another I am going to work on getting stronger and regaining some energy and hopefully I will be able to manage the pain too.  I know it's not going to be easy and it won't happen over nite but I have faith that in time things will improve.

Laura Lynn
4 cm left AN/diagnosed 1/23/09
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter
Balance issues, 100% hearingl loss (left ear), tinnitus, facial numbness/pain,
chronic fatigue, weakness, eye issues

God Bless everyone