Author Topic: I am a "POSTIE"!  (Read 2468 times)

Lynn Mc

I am a "POSTIE"!
« on: February 06, 2010, 08:37:01 am »
Hi everyone,

Finally able to access a real computer (had to come to work to do it!).  My surgery went very well.  I am extremely blessed as I have not had any real issues!  No headaches!  No neckpain!!  Very little facial weakness!!  My eyes & brain seem to be catching up with each other.  A little "Wonkey Head" & a little seasick now & then.  "Life is good!" 
I actually drove myself to work today & DID do paperwork!!  I am so excited!  I will nap all afternoon but I don't care.  I am not planning on coming back to work for real until mid March at earliest.  I plan on taking real good care of ME at this point. 
Thank you all for all the encouragement & prayers.  It really meant sooo much to me & my family.  The Magic Scarf should be with KIWI on Monday.  I don't know how to describe the Scarf,  it truly has a very special Magic about it.  Thank you so much.

Love,
Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: I am a "POSTIE"!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 08:39:53 am »
That is amazing so happy everything went well you will be an inspiration to others that there are positive outcomes from this kind of surgery.

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 10:15:32 am »
Yeah, Lynn!  ;D

Great report - and great to "see" you back!

Congrats, postie!! ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Mei Mei

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 11:57:44 am »
That is great that you are a StAR Postie.   I am glad you are doing so well.   You are wise to take care of yourself.   Remember the TLC for 8 weeks before you go back to work full time!
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 01:33:31 pm »
Lynn ~

Congratulations on having a successful surgery and a fabulous recovery!  I love to see these kinds of 'success stories' from folks who've undergone AN surgery because, although we have to insert the caveat that every AN experience is different, the really good outcomes - such as yours - are especially encouraging to others contemplating AN surgery.  Thanks for sharing this.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 03:26:06 pm »
Did any of the nurses in the ICU recognize the scarf from previous patients?
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 04:06:59 pm »
Congratulations, Lynn...now remember, we hang up the Wonder Woman Capes and put the boots in the closet and let our caregivers have a chance to show what they are made of.  Relax, get plenty of rest and be kind to you.  Prayers and good thoughts coming your way for the rest of this journey.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 04:12:03 pm »
Congrats Lynn!!! You got the right idea, let your body heal!  There might be times when things might come to a standstill and you may get discouraged...but these are usually temporary setbacks so hang in there.  Sounds like you are doing AWESOME though!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 11:55:10 am »
Congratulations Lynn!!!

Brenda, where's the whip?  ::)  Wonder Woman music is still in my head  ;D

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games