Author Topic: University of Michigan vs. Michigan Ear Institute ???  (Read 3067 times)

ewchisek

University of Michigan vs. Michigan Ear Institute ???
« on: December 20, 2012, 04:08:22 pm »
Hi all! I have been to uofm, mei, and sent my MRI scans to house.  ALL three doctors recommend translab due to size of tumor.  because of this I am choosing to stay in state.  NOW for the choice of Michigan Ear with dr. pieper or uofm with dr. thompson??  any advice?

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: University of Michigan vs. Michigan Ear Institute ???
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 08:32:08 pm »
When I had my AN surgically removed in 2007, rumor had it that MEI was #2 in AN surgeries and HEI (House Ear Institute) was supposedly #1.

Don't know if that's true or not, but it's food for thought.

That said, I've heard that U of M and MEI are both great places.

Good luck with whichever choice you make.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ewchisek

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:37:30 pm »
Thank you. I booked my surgery at MEI for February 11. Wishing it was a little sooner, it's been a long month since being diagnosed!

nnazak

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:57:00 am »
Hello.  I'm new to the community and am facing a similar circumstance.  I live in the Metro Detroit area, and have appointments to see both MEI and U of M.  I have also booked an appointment at the Mayo clinic.  I realize this thread was started a while ago, but how were your results?  Who at the MEI did you see?
Pro's and cons?
thank you.
Stay Positive!