Author Topic: Western Washinton/Oregon Nov. 17th get together Please read  (Read 9632 times)

sgerrard

Re: Western Washinton/Oregon Nov. 17th get together Please read
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 03:04:06 pm »
Are we still on for next week?

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

rezski

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 08:25:47 pm »
Patrol event got canceled so I can come after all.
1.2 x .6 cm rt side AN diagnosed July 2005
Watching and waiting - not growing for now...Patient of Dr. Backous @ Virginia Mason
2012 8 x 5 mm @ Group Health - still WW

Raydean

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 10:07:17 pm »
Just arrived back home from a few days vacation and will turn this back over to Dana.  I'll call tomorrow and confirm everything and post directions. 

Hope everyone can make it. 
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 03:45:24 pm »
Raydean,

I heard a rumor that you were wine tasting in the Silcon Valley with a famous Italain/Swiss famous photographer LOL who is not used to driiving on the right side of the road...
 :D
Cheers,

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Raydean

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 06:06:18 pm »
Hi 4

Boy you have good sources, the rumor is correct.  I had a wonderful time in the South bay area hanging around with the famous Swiss/Italian photographer otherwise known as Lorenzo.  Lo  and Sheila  is every bit as nice in person as he is on this forum.   They are a really fun, caring couple with a wonderful sense of humor.  Oh my goodness the stories that was told about Ireland.  I haven't laughed so much in a long time.  We did do a wine tasting, saw some of the Napa wineries, ran around Palo Alto together. Palo Alto has a bunch of small interesting stores and restaurants which gave us alot of time to visit.  Only problem was time went by to quickly!!  Sometime in the future we will definitely do this again!!!!

Now I'm looking forward to our get together and meeting you and everyone else.  I think Dana will be posting an update soon.  Sure hope you all in the Oregon/Washington area will consider coming this Saturday.  It's always a good time when we're able to get together. 

Hugs
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

marg

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 07:24:03 pm »
Hi Raydean,
    Looks like I need to add one more person to the get together....my husband will be coming with me to Olympia.  How many of us will there be anyway?   I'm sure looking forward to seeing all who can make it ;D
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Dana

• Hi!
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 07:30:47 pm »
OK - we're "on" for our get together this coming Saturday.  A big round of applause for Raydean for making the arrangements!!!

Saturday, November 17th
2 pm
Rock Wood Fire Pizza & Spirits  aka The Rock

5400 Martin Way East
Lacey, WA  (just north of Olympia)

360-412-0300
Our contact person is Vernon.

Take EXIT 109 and go East
It's right next to the movie theater, lots of parking

You can find menu and map at:  www.therockwfp.com/main.htm
Or do a search on www. mapquest.com
But it's easy to find.

If I read everyone's posts correctly, attendees so far are:
Raydean (Raydean)
Dana (Dana)
Sharon (a non-computer AN friend of Dana's from Hoquiam)
Steve (sgerrard)
Caroline (rezski)
Kathleen & Carol (gennysmom)
Margaret (Marg)
Mark (MarkH)

possibly,
Nan (nannettesea)
Kathleen (kmstruder)
Bethany (redgrl)

Let me know if you won't be able to come (boo-hoo) or if you have any questions. 
Can't wait!
See you there.
Hugs,
Dana

1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

rezski

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 10:21:16 pm »
My Husband Chris will be attending as well.
Caroline
1.2 x .6 cm rt side AN diagnosed July 2005
Watching and waiting - not growing for now...Patient of Dr. Backous @ Virginia Mason
2012 8 x 5 mm @ Group Health - still WW

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 01:35:27 pm »
I'm back and alive as well after all the fun driving!!!!  Lo has all the photos, of course, but hope to have one or two for the weekend to share!  Lots of laughs, great food and wine.  Planning the Ireland trip already!

Can't wait to see everyone on Saturday!!!! 

Kathleen
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Mark H

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 11:28:31 pm »
I'm on the list but I'll be at work. (after my MRI. I posted in the NF2 thread)  ;D
Mark

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 08:38:32 pm »
It was great to meet everyone!!!!  My picture turned out very fuzzy, so Marg if you could give it a try, or send me your photo to post...or Dana, if yours is good....if not, I can post the fuzzy one and people can interpret it....like a Monet only not!

Great time guys, can't wait to do it again!!!!  For all you southies, we're talking about going to Marg's town of Longview next. 

4 cm, you were missed!  Next time!

Kathleen

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 09:52:01 am »
Oh you fellow PNW ANA’ers I missed you too!

...However we had surprise sunshine yesterday (not in the forecast) and I did get outside with my kids as they cleared trails in the woods on our farm (I just walked no clearing – as I try to be a good patient) … however by 4 pm I was totally baked (had not even gone in the car anywhere and just the quiet woods) and had to lay down – so I think I made a good choice to stay home yesterday.

Initially when I saw the PNW gathering post …I informed the Greater Portland area people, I knew of on the forum, and only just realized (the day after) that Jackie was unaware of the get together. I feel terrible about this as I sent a group e-mail once I saw the posting to “Marg, Linny,... (and I thought Jackie.) Only now (checking my out box) I see I forgot to add her name. ( I was not even at 3 months post op- so I hope I am forgiven… post craniotomy wonky head AN fatigue thing…)

Jackie and I both got ANA notices in the mail (you know the kind that comes in an envelope with a stamp)… People who actually register with the ANA get these notices… and other goodies in the snail mail.

https://secure.baxinternet.com/~anausa/membership_donate.html

Portland, Oregon
Local Support Group

When:
Saturday, December 8 2007
1:00 PM

Where
Providence St. Vincent Hospital
Second Floor, Conference Room 4
9205 SW Barnes Road
Portland OR 97225

Topic: Tai Chi
Members of the Taoist Society of Portland will demonstrate Tai Chi as  a means for maintaining and improving balance.

For Information Contact :
Jerry Harris (503) 292-4268

Friends, family members and interested persons are welcome!

We hope you can join us for education, information, support and networking.

I am planning to go since this is much closer to me and I can actually drive myself to this one.

Maybe at this one I can meet some of you in real person (vs virtual person)…
Longview get-to-gether sounds great! Much more doable for me too …

Oh please DO post photos – even if only Monet impressions …

Cheers,

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

sgerrard

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 09:43:08 pm »
I got that invite from Jerry as well, so at last I will get to meet 4! I will see all you Tri-Met people on the 8th.  :D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Dana

• Hi!
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 11:17:43 am »
Saturday was so much fun.  As I told Raydean, it did my heart good.  There was lots of AN "musical chairs" as we moved around to talk to different people, with the hearing ear on the correct side of course!  I've sent a photo to Kathleen so hopefuly she can post it. 

We seemed to have all camps represented - wait and watch, various microsurgeries, GK, CK... so it was interesting to compare notes.  In particular, Marg and I were saying how we'd both done a "T" chart to help us decide what to do, but came up with different decisions:  she really wanted it OUT, whereas I really didn't want physical surgery.  Just 'shows to go you.'

Mostly, though, it was just wonderful to meet so many fightin' folks - beautiful blond Kathleen whose face got tired as time went on, her wonderful mom Carol (designated driver), feisty Marg who teaches 2nd grade and has great stories, her husband (oops I forget his name), calm Steve with his wonderful smile, pretty Bethany with her charming and lively little boy Max (or Maxwell, if you ask him!), beautiful dark-haired Nan pushing through obstacles, 'support-mom' Raydean exuberant and independent, and still-on-the-ski-patrol Caroline and her husband Chris.

Love,
Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 12:10:26 pm »
Finally gave up on frappr and moved on to photobucket, so here it is!!!  To set it up....obviously I tell really bad jokes as everyone kept their face still as mine is all screwed up from telling the joke.  But since my photo came out Monet style, here it is, freaky face Gennysmom and all.....

left to right:  Caroline, Nan, Dana, Marg, Me, Raydean, Bethany, Maxwell and Steve
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 12:12:37 pm by Gennysmom »