Author Topic: Western Washinton/Oregon Nov. 17th get together Please read  (Read 9710 times)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: Western Washinton/Oregon Nov. 17th get together Please read
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2007, 12:14:31 pm »
I suppose it's a great example for all you out there wondering what synkenisis is.  That would be why my AN eye is closed.
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2007, 03:31:47 pm »
I'm confused... name the two women in the front ... and then I can figure it all out.

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Raydean

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007, 04:35:22 pm »
Marg is in purple and wearing a vest, I'm next to her in a tan shirt Center front)
back row Left to right
Caroline, Nan, Dana, Kathleen, Bethany and Max,  Steve

Camera shy and missing  from the picture is Carol,  (Kathleen's mom) Caroline's husband and Marg's husband

Hope this helps
Hugs
raydean

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 09:26:02 pm »
GREAT PICTURE EVERYBODY LOOKS GREAT.
Nice to see who you talk to on the other end. Sorry I could not make it. My transmission is being fixed in my durango. NO FUN  :-[
I'm glad everybody had a great time. I hope to meet everybody at the next get together.
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

marg

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2007, 10:39:53 pm »
Yes, we all had a great time and hope that next time we can even have a bigger group.  I talked to the others about a get together after the holidays in Longview- and they said they would come this far south.   I know that several from the Portland area wanted to come ... but it was too far (except for 'super Steve' of course who was able to be with us   :))  I will talk to the people here in Longview, who own a hotel and ask about using a 'side room'  my family has done this for birthday and anniversary parties in the past and not had to pay for the room ( I think because we had enough people in our group who ordered lunch).  Anyway, it will give us something else to look forward to in bleak January.
     It was  so nice to see some of the people from the forum .... it was well worth the drive to meet some of my AN family...and I'm hoping to go to the Portland get together on Dec. 8th to meet more of you.. Greg (my husband - who took most of the pictures for us) really enjoyed meeting all the people too .

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving..... one of the things I am most thankful for is all  of you.
Margaret
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 10:47:16 pm by marg »
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

rezski

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007, 11:04:31 pm »
It was great meeting all of you. I was not the only one who thought a summer picnic would be great and easier to hear in a quiet place.  I get so much more info in face to face meetings as I navigate through this AN journey.  Learning how we have each come to different tratment choices helps me to understand how to make the best choice for my situation.
Caroline ;D
1.2 x .6 cm rt side AN diagnosed July 2005
Watching and waiting - not growing for now...Patient of Dr. Backous @ Virginia Mason
2012 8 x 5 mm @ Group Health - still WW

sgerrard

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2007, 11:53:01 pm »
I finally felt like a true member of ANA when Nan and I switched seats, so our good ears were facing each other.  :D

It was great to meet everyone, I only wish I could have talked more with everyone, but just keeping up with one on each side and one across was plenty. A quiet picnic next summer - coast, mountain, both? - sounds like a good idea.

Happy Holidays to all.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Mark H

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2007, 08:20:20 pm »
I'm glad y'all had a good time. I had my head and neck MRI Saturday morning (spine was Friday night) and went to work 'till I left with a killer headache. Meeting in Longview sounds good even if it is a drive for me. (Not really, I work there) Maybe this time I can make it.    ;D
Mark

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 09:27:35 pm »
I'm glad everyone had a great time at the lunch!  I hope I can attend the next get together.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2007, 09:33:20 pm »
Sue,

not far away from you...
Portland, Oregon
Local Support Group

When:
Saturday, December 8 2007
1:00 PM

Where
Providence St. Vincent Hospital
Second Floor, Conference Room 4
9205 SW Barnes Road
Portland OR 97225

Topic: Tai Chi
Members of the Taoist Society of Portland will demonstrate Tai Chi as  a means for maintaining and improving balance.

For Information Contact :
Jerry Harris (503) 292-4268

Friends, family members and interested persons are welcome!

We hope you can join us for education, information, support and networking.

You are only just over the bridge...
Maybe see you there...??

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

er

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 02:43:17 am »
Maybe I can try to make it for this one in Portland
eve

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 08:41:57 am »
Looks like you all had a fantastic time... thrilled to hear this! :)  You all will catch up to the "best" (east) coast yet... mebbe! ;)

Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Dana

• Hi!
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 01:25:20 pm »
oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Phyl!  Let's not start!!!   :-*

Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

marg

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 04:38:55 pm »
Hey Phil, 
    Haven't you heard..... West is Best    :D

..... ok -  I think it is a tie for best .........   as Dorothy said in OZ  "there's no place like home"
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !