Author Topic: 7 Week post op update  (Read 2063 times)

iyum

7 Week post op update
« on: September 20, 2010, 02:59:14 am »
My Father had AN sugery on August 4, 2010 at House Ear Clinic in LA. He had a 4cm tumor which was successfully removed by Dr. Friedman and Dr. Schwartz. I cannot begin to explain the treatment we received at House Ear Clinic. The Doctors had amazing bedside manner and our overall stay for the surgery went really well. We were fully informed by the doctors throughout the surgery. My father didnt feell any pain in ICU and had no effect on facial nerve, he suffered no major side effects after the surgery considering it was a fairly large tumor aside from dizziness. He is walking perfectly normal now and feels better than before. He is a totally new person and its a miracle for us.

I would like to Thank you Dr. Friedman and Dr. Schwartz for performing a superb surgery and this discussion forum for assisting us in such a difficult decision. This is a very informative and helpful forum and wish everyone a speedy recovery and best of luck.

Sincerely,

Mariyam

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: 7 Week post op update
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:52:24 am »
Mariyam .....

Thanks for letting us know about the successful experience your father had at HEI.  I know it was a big decision to come half way around the world for treatment ..... and I am so glad he (and you) had such good treatment and good results.

Check back in with us every now and then and let us know how he continues to do in his post-surgery recovery.

Best thoughts.  Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 02:10:42 pm »
Mariyam ~

I'm delighted to learn of your father's splendid surgical results at HEI.  Thanks, too, for your kind words regarding our member's contributions helping you and your father make a treatment decision.

This is a perfect example of why this website and, specifically, the discussion forums exist.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ksiwek

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 07:00:00 pm »
Mariyam,

SO GLAD your father is doing well!  I, too, had my 4+cm tumor removed by Drs Friedman and Schwartz this summer!  They saved my life and I could never thank them enough for how they treated myself and my family.  Keep us posted on your father's recovery.  How long was his surgery? 

Kris
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

Lizard

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 10:46:01 am »
That's great to hear, HEI really is the best of the best!
Send our congrats on a successful surgery on to your father.
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt