Author Topic: Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers .... IT IS GOOD TO BE ALIVE!  (Read 3421 times)

joe94121

Hi,ALL:

I made it through the rain! I have the usual headaches and double vision. A big thank you to Kathy who provided lots of support and good advice the past three months... couldn't have get through it without you ... Thank you. To all of you who sent good wishes and prayers, Thanks. To my good friend, William, who has been a rock of support and comfort to me....  I am still experiencing headaches .... no special meds. given to me other than "over-the-counter" tylenols or generic vicodin ... dizziness ... no numbess or eye problems    ....

Again, thank you everyone for your support and prayers ... please let me know if there is anything i could do for a newbie or postie ....

Take Care and God Bless You ALL, Joe. 
Five years of progressive loss of hearing in left ear; diagnosed with a 3 cm. AN tumor; had surgery on in 12/06 to remove 2/3 of it. Recent MRI shows "bulkness" on the remaining 1/3 ... will be seeking radiation treatments on the remaining 1/3 in May 2009.

rebarman

Re: Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers .... IT IS GOOD TO BE ALIVE!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 09:56:00 pm »
I'm glad to hear (read) that you are doing well, and that your are not having any serious problems. It helps lift my spirits when I read posts from people that have gone through this, I am still a couple of weeks away from having mine removed.

Keep us posted as you go.
1.5cm x 1.4 cm AN on left side
Removed by Translab on Jan 29, 2007
Dr. Mattox & Dr. Olson @ Emory Univ. Hosp.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 06:18:42 am »
 8)

Once a month I think we should all raise a "toast" together and celebrate each months, *new posties.*  I haven't had much wine since last summer when all this began for me.  (AN being diagnosed)  I used prescriptions pills for sleeping and now Valium to realx after being so stressed and couldn't sleep.  I just use the Valium for getting some sleep since I'm one week out of Stanford.  For you, you're right behind me!  (one week apart)  I'm thrilled for you.  I had migraines the first five nights and haven't had one for the past few days.   :)  You are in my thoughts and congratulations that the biggiest part of this is hopefully, behind you.  It sounds like you are doing GREAT, all things considered.

Here is to all us new December posties!  (glass raised)              Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Obita

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 07:12:40 am »
Hi Joe:

Welcome back!!  You must be home from the hospital?  I had not heard from William in two days, so I knew all was well.

You and I are the perfect example of why this forum is so important. 

Three months ago, Joe wrote to me because I had had surgery.  His anxiety level was through the roof with the thought of surgery in the near future.  After many emails and a phone call, Joe was at peace with his decision and he was able to carry on with his life.

That my friends, is why I hang around this forum. 

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 02:30:16 pm »
YAY JOE!!!!!!!![/i][/b][/size]

Congrats on getting rid of the lil bugger! I was 50 when I had my surgery, too. Just keep walking and resting, walking and resting. You have to force that balance back.

Continued well wishes and good thoughts for you and all your family!!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

lmurray69

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 09:41:26 pm »
I am so pleased that you are doing great. I was wondering but you know someone always covers for the ones that have just had surgery.. I am so glad that you have used this forum that is what i was saying. This  is our place and we plan to keep it, glad your home Joe and wish you the best...Linda  40 days post op..doing great, The only problem I have is dizzy,wonkyhead, and my sugar.....duh....
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 04:30:58 pm »
Congratulations, Joe!
[/color]
The first few days post-op were the hardest for me (head bandage too tight, fatigue, catheter, constant 'shots', etc) but they passed quickly and I was home a few days later, although I felt I had been in the hospital for much longer.

Once home, I slept a lot, which is O.K. and pretty normal.  I was doing balance exercises a week later and driving within a month.  It really does go by fast.  I can't believe it's been six months since I was on the operating table! 

I trust that your recuperation time will pass quickly and that your healing will be complete. 

Jim[/color] 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

tcrnko

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 07:39:25 pm »
Congratulations and Welcome home.

Its good to know hear that this is a survivable condition.  I am less a month away from surgery and often the doubts appear without notice.  Reading news like yours is a bit of a morale booster for me going into this

Again, my congratulations.  Good thought for your recovery will continue. :D
"Used to be a Neuro Nurse, Believe it or not."
1.8 x 1.6 x 1.7 AN Left Side
TransLab on 1/10/07.
Drs Mastrodonas & Cueva, Kaiser San Diego