Author Topic: Drugs effect on AN  (Read 2491 times)

danilaaimone

Drugs effect on AN
« on: January 27, 2009, 10:22:07 am »
Hi have an 2.2 cm AN treated with CK in 2004, but it's slowly growing.
I suspect that responsible of the growth could be a drug that I have to take: Dostinex (cabergoline, a dopamine receptor).
There is somebody that took ar take the same drug?

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Drugs effect on AN
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:41:31 am »
Hi and welcome.  I am not aware of any particular drug affect on AN's... there has been discussions in the past about estrogen and the possible correlation of its affect on AN's but I, personally have not heard anything more.

You noted you had CK a few years ago. What size was it at time of treatment vs. it's size now? Where was your CK done?

Again, welcome!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sam Rush

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 04:23:29 pm »
I have a patient/friend who was taking Dostinex for a pituitary tumor, and developed sudden idiopathic SSD. Never thought there was a connection, but who knows.
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05

danilaaimone

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 06:07:53 am »
I had my CK in Milan in 2004, the max diameter of the tumor was 1,8 cm (volume 2,2 cm3), now is 2,2 (perhaps more)... I have to go wit microsurgery.

danilaaimone

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 06:10:37 am »
I had my CK in Milan in 2004, the max diameter of the tumor was 1,8 cm (volume 2,2 cm3), now is 2,2 (perhaps more)... I have to go wit microsurgery.

It looks very healthy and fatty...