Author Topic: Return to active duty ?  (Read 2193 times)

tony

Return to active duty ?
« on: August 01, 2006, 03:19:14 pm »
I am now looking for advice, or suggestions
I cannot easily go back to the old life - (it has gone, I think)
Even if I could, NF2 means it may be taken away in 12 -18 mths,
so, hardly worth the effort really.
I was looking for a means to “jump-start� the new life
- maybe working for myself ?, my own business ? etc.
I can train (Sony, Hitachi, JVC), I am a successful salesman (National & International)
But fundamentally, I need something to get things moving – I was thinking of an “Anthony Robbins� course, or similar. The only negative here is that it’s more like a political rally than a training session (1000 plus people, etc, etc)
Something to fire up the engines and get the ship moving again
I look forward to your input
Best regards
Tony

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Return to active duty ?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 04:21:23 pm »
Tony,
I say go for it!  If you don't try it you will never know if you could have succeeded or not!  I've taken a lot of "courses".  I.E.; Dale Carnegie, Oldsmobile (before they were murdered) one by Donald Trump.....a talk by Helen Keller (very inspirational), Eleanor Roosevelt, to name a few.  I always thought they were worth the price whether they were training for a product or purely motivational. 
I've to political "seminars" also.  Not quite the same but not toatlly different.  If you inspire someone, just one person out of a thousand you have done a great job.
Here in the Houston area a few yeaars ago a six month long seminar was given by "famous" people.  It was intriguing and genuine.  I'm sure that you would inspire a lot of people.
Best Wishes for Success,
BrendaO :)
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Raydean

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:38:12 pm »
Hi Tony

I think the answer to the question is within yourself.  This is the opportunity to do whatever it is that is your hearts desire.  Often times we end up in a career not because it's our first choice, but because of a host of other reasons including being sensible, it pays the bills and on and on.  All on this list knows how things can change with a blink of a eye. We also know how valuable life and time is. May as well be doing something you love!!!!!!

What is it you've always wanted to do and does it fit within your lifestyle now?  (Guess now they call it "finding your passion") But now is the time to act on your dreams.   Does your area offer any Vocational counseling to help you sort thru what you would like to do and what your natural talents are?
It maybe another way to jump start .

Is there a way to use your skills that you all ready have.  You mention training others, could this be done over the phone.  I know when I have problems with my equipment both at home and at work (some pretty high tech equipment)  I have to speak to the help desk first to resolve the issues.  I can see you resolvings issues, your so calm and knowledgable. You could walk a person  thru any equipment problem.

By the way a friend of mine who had a AN with a fantastic positive outcome who's job was in the insurance field or some other white collar job realized thru his AN journey that whatever it was he did, it wasn't what he wanted to do.  Always wanted to be a dog groom, took the courses and made this hugh career change and is  happy with how everything turned out. He realized this was an opportunity and he grabbed it and ran with it.

On a personal note Tony I hope you know that Chet and i both think the world of you.  You've been an inspiration to us.  Your knowledge of AN's, outcomes, which you so willingly share with others,your  inner strength and courage, compassion, plus the fact you never gave in.  You could of complained, or even whined,  (you had every right to) instead you faced things head on. 

Having shared parts of the same journey Chet and I both understand the costs of your AN journey.
You are a remarkable person, someone that we are very proud to know and to call a friend.  Whatever it is you decide on I am sure that it will have a positive impact on others.

Hugs
Chet and Raydean

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

tony

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 12:51:32 pm »
Well, a special thanks for the replies - definately time to be getting a move on,
could be an interesting few months
best regards
tony