Author Topic: Help! Tinnitus and hearing suddenly worse!!  (Read 3357 times)

HJY

Help! Tinnitus and hearing suddenly worse!!
« on: March 14, 2011, 06:35:41 am »
Hi! I am exactly 14 weeks post middle fossa surgery for a left AN. In the last week or so I've noticed my tinnitus, which was almost absent post surgery, becoming markedly worse. I also have a full sensation in my ear and my hearing seems to have reduced in that ear. I have been unbelrivaby tired as I'm not getting much sleep.
I'm sure you can imagine all the wild thoughts running through my head. I'm
Just terrified I've come this far to have things go bad! Has anyone else had this same fluctuation with tinnitus/hearing and do things like fatigue/tiredness play a role?
Thanks!
Heather
1.4cm L sided AN removed 6th Dec, 2010 (7 weeks after my 3rd baby was born!)
Surgeons - Proff Marcus Atlas & Dr George Wong, Ear Science Institute, Perth Western Australia
Mid Fossa,Hearing preserved,HB level 6 facial palsy Balance
issues
1st Oct, 2011 - Facial recovery HB 2-3, sudden HL of 30dB

hendi51

Re: Help! Tinnitus and hearing suddenly worse!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:37:26 am »
There are other people on this site with a lot more knowledge than I have but of it were my husband in this situation I would get hold of his surgeon ASAP to see what he or she has to say.
My husband had translab 3/15/2011 for 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm left side AN at
Methodist University Hospital in
Memphis, Tn

sunfish

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 07:46:08 am »
You should contact your surgeon and/or your ENT right away.  I've had this happen twice - the first time, the ENT's office treated it as an emergency, and they prescribed steroids.  Sometimes, steroids will bring your hearing back, but only if you start taking them right away.

The second time this happened, I didn't take steroids.  Couldn't tell if they helped or not in the first place.  I've kind of given up on my hearing . . .
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

Chances3

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 07:09:22 pm »
i am 5 months post op, I have a real nasty ring in my ear.  My doctor hasn't done anything to help me, sometimes I think I need to change my doctor.
As for the fatigue, it is quite normal