Author Topic: where's the 'this wk in the "CREATIVE ADJECTIVE INSERTED HERE" world of AN?  (Read 4176 times)

Keri

Am I missing something? I didn't know if the week to come's summary was now in a different place.
Is LADavd ok?
Will Adrienne's surgery happen (hopefully will)? Should be tomorrow I think. I remember we were hoping that she wouldn't be moved to a later date.

Anyone else wondering where this topic is this week!? I guess I'm mainly concerned about LADavid because he gets these out so quickly.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

sgerrard

It has happened once or twice before, so I wouldn't worry too much about David until we here something.

Meanwhile, I think you have started the topic for this week. Your title is certainly creative. :)

A quick check of the calendar shows Adrienne having surgery tomorrow in Vancouver with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg; and Brenda (Teff) having a translab at Barrows on Thursday. Plus Wednesday is Ernie's birthday. Hopefully David will be along soon.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Kaybo

We truly appreciate all that you do each week, David!  :-*  We are just running around not knowing what to do without your updates!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

Steve -  Thanks for stepping in in David's absence.

David -  I hope all is well and you had a busy and fun weekend.

Good luck today Adrienne and good luck tomorrow to Brendsa -- I'm wishing you both uncomplicated and speedy recoveries.

Happy Birthday Ernie!

Best wishes to all,

Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
great job Steve and thanks.  Hoping that whereever LADavid is, he's had a terrific holiday weekend and enjoying some "insert creative adjective here" much needed time off.

Wishing Adrienne and Brenda wellness and speedy recoveries this week... and as for Ern... I mean JAN's burpday....... well, let the harrassing begin! :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
... and as for Ern... I mean JAN's burpday....... well, let the harrassing begin! :D

Hey, if I'm the JAN in question, just let me say I'm old enough without 2 birthdays each year.

Besides, I've had my share of harrassment from the Forum lately.  Thank you very much!!  ;)

Good luck to Adrienne and Brenda.  Godspeed.

And, oh yea, happy 60th Ernie!  ;D

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
Hoping that Adrienne and Brenda had/have successful surgeries, and speedy recoveries.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ernie ;D we hope your having a great day.

LADavid, we hope your just off having some fun :)

Keri and Steve, thank you for carrying the torch :)

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Although David does us all a great service with his weekly, wryly named updates, a click on the 'AN Treatment Calendar' - http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments will give anyone interested the same information.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Keri

oh but the adjectives and meanings and updates are too much fun. plus i always forget where to find the calendar... i always go on steve's or david's posts to look at their signature to find it.

Anyway,
Happy Birthday, Ernie! (I'm almost too late).

I look forward to hearing how Adrienne's surgery has gone -  hope you're doing well (as can be expected with the F3D thing) and can post soon.

Am praying all goes well with Brenda's surgery tomorrow.

Have a good rest of the week, everyone.

Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Maybe one of our fine moderators could put a sticky topic at the top of the AN Community forum such as "Find ANA Calendar here" pointing to the calendar web site? Then it would be easy for any of us to find.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

ppearl214

• Administrator
Maybe one of our fine moderators could put a sticky topic at the top of the AN Community forum such as "Find ANA Calendar here" pointing to the calendar web site? Then it would be easy for any of us to find.

Sara

we ARE mighty fine, aren't we?  ;D

We can't actually do the "sticky" but can request as such to the fine folks that host this site...... will see what can be done.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Yes, you are indeed mighty fine.

Although "fine" is such a weak adjective now that I think about it. I should have come up with something better . . . phenomenal, stupendous, indefatigable or the like.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

ppearl214

• Administrator
LOL Sara! Keep that up and you all will need hat pins to pop all the Moderator's egos so we can get through doorways! :)

Thank you! :)
Phyl

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
oh but the adjectives and meanings and updates are too much fun. plus i always forget where to find the calendar... i always go on steve's or david's posts to look at their signature to find it.
I also enjoy David’s calendar updates :)

Like you Keri, I go to Steve or David's posts to find the AN calendar link.

Not to take anything away from anyone but, I have an idea that might help.

Would it be okay if more people had the link in their “signatures� for greater exposure?

I added it to mine, and tried it to make sure that it works.  If this is a no no, I will remove it.

Rich
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Adding a calendar link to the signature sounds like a good idea to me.  I'll add it to mine if one of our illustrious moderators gives the OK.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011