Author Topic: Pre-admission testing  (Read 2767 times)

Donna R

Pre-admission testing
« on: June 03, 2009, 02:33:26 pm »
Well...I had pre-admission testing today, so I guess my next step is the June 22nd surgery whether I am ready or not! Actually, I guess I am ready, having some dizziness now, so I guess it's a good time to do it, although still nervous.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 03:31:40 pm by Jim Scott »

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Pre-admission testing
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 02:44:39 pm »
Donna .....

Glad all is moving along on schedule.  June 22nd will be here before you know it and all of this will be behind you.  Then you will be on the "postie" side and on your road to recovery.  From personal experience, I would stay as busy as you can between now and June 22nd.  It helps to focus on getting things done that you may not feel like doing for a few weeks afterwards.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Donna R

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:48:48 pm »
Yes, thank you, my older son is finished school and my younger one still has another week of school to go, so that will keep me plenty busy....then a little time in between to get ready for the surgery.......whew....

-Donna

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 03:36:41 pm »
Donna ~

Congratulations on moving inexorably toward your surgery date (June 22nd).  It's less than 3 weeks away and I can almost guarantee it will go by fast.  You'll be in the thoughts and prayers of many now and on June 22nd.  I wish you a calm pre-op period, an uncomplicated and completely successful surgery - and a rapid and total recovery.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ghenier27

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 08:23:40 pm »
Hi Donna, I may not be far behind you in surgery line up. I go to Shands ENT June 24th and althought I haven't talked with the doctor yet to hear my options. I cann't help but think surgery is the way to go. I too am very nervous but realize that once the surgery is done- you are on day one of your road of recovery! And that is the way I am trying to stay postive. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Debi

Donna R

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 06:36:36 am »
Thank you for all of your kind thoughts...they certainly help to get me through all of this...

--Donna

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 09:37:53 pm »
Its amazing how quickly the date is coming up now that you know what it is. I find out tomorrow if they are moving mine to the 17th...yikes...that will compress everything. I have a list of things to get done before surgery as long as my arm....and I have long arms.... ;D
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org