Author Topic: Eye patchers wanted  (Read 3257 times)

lora

Eye patchers wanted
« on: July 21, 2007, 08:40:55 am »
I seem to have gotten another computer since surgery--No it's just double vision!!  The therapist tossed to me "You might want to patch your eye to see if that helps"...but did't tell me which one--the"good" one or rhe one that gives me "extra's".  Suggestions?   Lora
4.7cm x all over my head, filling 4th ventricle, squashing the brainstem
translab by the awesome Dr.Tomaras 4/12/07
retrosigmoid, Drs. Tomaras and Steuer 6/4/07
GK in Oct. for the little bit left?
2007--the year of the head "what a long, strange trip it's been"

neal r. lyons

Re: Eye patchers wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 04:30:09 pm »
Hi Lora- My right eye which is the affected one from surgery is the one I would cover.  Since I just can't quite close it all the way the idea behind the patch is that it would be closed completely and would of course be protected from the elements.  Having said that, I'm not using a patch but have considered it.  I believe I would consult a doctor first, however(could be one of your surgery doctors , internist, or opthamologist)  They can tell you about any needed info as to how long to wear it, eyedrops necessary, etc.    Best of luck to you!     Neal
AN 2.6X2.0X2.8 (right side)                                           June 22, 2007
House Ear Clinic/St. Vincent's Hospital@ Los Angeles, Ca.

Translabyrinthine(5 1/2 hr.):  Dr.Brackmann-neurotologist    Dr.Schwartz-neurosurgeon    Dr.Kutz-incision@stitches    Dr.Stefan-internist