Author Topic: Has anyone been told they had a tumor deep in IAC and went with Retrosigmoid?  (Read 1373 times)

nycnewbie

Everyone,
I need your help!!!!!!! Please! I am distressed and concerned. Brackmann at House says there is no way to get the tumor fully out of canal in retrosigmoid. Stieg and Selesnick say they can get it all out with Retrosigmoid. Please is ther anyone out there who had a tumor deep in the IAC who had there whole tumor removed via Retrosigmoid??!!!
Please I need some responses!!!!!!
Serena

cin605

Mine was deep pressing on brainstem..extending into cerabellapontine angle....they said they got it all.I will find out 6/15.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
I had a meningioma that extended into the IAC...and had a retro sig.  The drs. seemed satisfied w/the removal.
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

cjtender

• My blog
I also had a deep tumor that was pushing on my brain stem and caused a mass affect in my head.....Selesnick and Gutin removed the whole thing....good luck to you!!
Patty  34 , RN ,  Dx with 3x2cm (plum grape) size AN on 3/6/2009 and ALL  removed-- retosigmoid on 4/28/09 with Selesnick/Gutin at SLoan Kettering in NYC

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
One Dr. told me he didn't think they could get all my tumor with retrosig. I went ahead with retrosig. They did have to leave a tiny bit of tumor behind because it was harder to reach. One year later my MRI shows no new growth. The tiny bit left behind must have died when it was cut off from it's blood supply.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Maverell

• Acoustic Neuroma and Me
Yep - I had one fully removed by the retrosigmoid approach although hearing and facial nerves were badly damaged.