Author Topic: Dizziness after GK??  (Read 1950 times)

Mia

Dizziness after GK??
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:44:45 am »
Hello
It`s 2years and 9months since treatment(3years in May) and are still getting dizziness in period's. This time it started end of December and are still going on. Thoughts it was getting better last week, but not. I am not able to work, because the dizziness make me use a lot of strength consentrating on focusing and walking straight. I do not have trouble with balance, think it`s because I am walking and training some aerobic in spite the dizziness. I have been trying to train all the years, but I do not think it is doing the dizziness any better. When will the dizziness be gone? Never? It is getting hard to live with, because it makes my life stop.
I have had some late swelling, but really hope it is not getting bigger. Can the dizziness be a sign of that, you think?
Have someone experienced the same?

Mia
Right AN 2,1cmx1,8cmx2,1cm
GK 22/5-07, Bergen, Norway
November-07  2,3cmx2,0cmx2,3cm
November-09  2,5cmx2,0cmx2,6cm
May-10 2,4x1,9x2,4cm

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Dizziness after GK??
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 03:04:09 pm »
Hi, Mia ~

I'm sorry to learn of your continuing dizziness three years after completing GK treatment.  It's impossible for any of us to know what is causing your disequilibrium at this point so I would suggest contacting your doctor.  Only a medical professional can assess the results of your last MRI (November) and determine whether your AN is simply swelling or actually growing.  I wouldn't procrastinate on this.  You may require some vestibular training, which is often quite beneficial for post-op/radiation AN patients. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.