Author Topic: ANA Discussion Forum NE Brunch time! Maxwell's in Worcester Nov 9 10am  (Read 30328 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: ANA Discussion Forum NE Brunch time! Maxwell's in Worcester Nov 9 11am
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2008, 04:50:11 pm »
Phyl:

'Aye"!  Tina and I will be there next Sunday.  Save a place for us.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jcinma

« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2008, 06:40:30 pm »
Double Aye!!
Andy and I will be there.

Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2008, 05:10:07 am »
Aye! ... Gonna try to be early so I can get a seat !!!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2008, 08:43:08 am »

No kidding!  Sounds like this one is going to be standing room only!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2008, 10:26:11 am »

No kidding!  Sounds like this one is going to be standing room only!

Katie

I would highly recommend it!

Ok, all, we have broken records at Maxwell's for this brunch! :)  I have phoned in the final headcount and everything all set. As many of you "veterans" know that have attended in the past, we have one large boardroom table that hold approx 20 people. Since we have broken that head count, please know that a few smaller (2 count) tables will also be set up against the walls to help accommodate everyone.  Appreciate everyone's understanding about the smaller tables as this was the only way to keep the boardroom and... get everyone accommodated.

I've also left a message for my favorite "Brazilian Nut" that we are coming and since I didn't speak to him directly, hoping the apple dumplin's are good to go. I'm sure they are taking cover, esp. knowing I am coming! :)

So, final head count done. Yes, m'dear DonnaLynn and spouse Jim.... you are included in the "headcount" as well! :)

For those of you that need road directions, here you go:

http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/directions.html

Again, Sunday, Nov 9 a TEN-AM! (10:00am)
Reservation name:  Acoustic Neuroma Assn (ANA brunch)

Drive carefully all.... see you there... and save me a spot at the omelet station!  and don't be hogging all the desserts at the dessert table! Gah! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tsl

Re: ANA Discussion Forum NE Brunch time! Maxwell's in Worcester Nov 9 10am
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2008, 02:33:25 pm »
Phyl,
Hope I'm not too late for the final confirmation.  AYE!
Take care,
Theresa (tsl)
AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2008, 02:40:46 pm »
Phyl,
Hope I'm not too late for the final confirmation.  AYE!
Take care,
Theresa (tsl)

I made darn sure you were included in the headcount!  :-*

... and OMG, Congrats on your 1 yr treatment anniversary! I can't believe its been a year! We have something to celebrate at the brunch... along with elaine's treatment this week, Sabre's treatment next week... and heck, anything else that deserves recognition for another trip to the dessert table!  :D

See you all there. 

Paul, if anything comes up, phone me, otherwise, I'll be at B&N at 9am... nine-r am! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sabre

« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2008, 05:08:21 am »
Hi,
Just wanted to mention that Dr Mahadevan asked me to start taking steroids 2 days before the treatment begins....I hear my appetite will be increased 10 fold.  Can somebody please make sure they keep the food coming???? Hope I leave some for everyone else :)

Sabre

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2008, 10:55:13 am »
when you speak next to my very dear Dr. M... pls tell him that any weight gain you have due to the decacrap, you are transferring to him... he's far too thin!  You can even tell him I said that... see what his reaction is... I'll guarantee a toothy grin will be the response :)

See you Sunday.
Phyl

Hi,
Just wanted to mention that Dr Mahadevan asked me to start taking steroids 2 days before the treatment begins....I hear my appetite will be increased 10 fold.  Can somebody please make sure they keep the food coming???? Hope I leave some for everyone else :)

Sabre

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2008, 01:41:19 pm »
I'm there Phyl!! 9am at B & N Sunday Morning.

Just got the results from my latest MRI: I'm clean and good to go!! No regrowth!!

Also, and I think a number of people would be interested in hearing this: My MRSA is gone! My primary care doctor prescribed an antibiotic ointment called "Mupirocin" last June to be applied in each nostril with a Que-tip twice a day for two weeks. It worked!! I couldn't believe it.

When my doctor prescribed this treatment I was confused because I was under the impression that it couldn't be stopped so easily—and it was easy. Too easy. The only question is, "why the hell hadn't anyone done that for me in the three years since I had it?? What is wrong with these people?

So when he prescribed that to me I was somewhat incredulous and questioned him, "It will stop it?" (I couldn't believe that it would after everything I'd heard and read about MRSA) To which he just slowly nodded in the affirmative. I now trust this doctor more than I had when I first started seeing him.

Another thing: A friend of mine has an elderly father that had been hospitalized for months with multiple problems. While in the hospital, he contracted MRSA. This is a dangerous state of affairs, to be afflicted with MRSA while being elderly with a weakened immune system.

Weeks went by without anything being done in the way of "decolonizing" the bacteria. I duly reported my experience with the ointment that had been prescribed to me.

Evidently, someone took the advise that my friend had reported to the medical staff and began treating her father with it. A few Weeks later, she reported back to me that the MRSA was gone and thanked me!

Now, I said it before and I'll say it again, "Why did we have to tell the so-called professionals what drug to treat him with?"

I walked around with that bacteria for three years and risked exposing others to it when I could have been treated for it while still in the hospital when I first got it?

5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Crazycat

« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2008, 04:32:19 pm »
Hey Phyl, Did you get my last post?
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 

Crazycat

« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2008, 12:46:04 am »
Was it something I said?

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2008, 06:40:20 am »
I got the post, Paul... will see you at B&N at 9am! :)   And congrats on the great MRI news! :)  Great news indeed! :)

Phyl

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2008, 08:17:03 pm »
well, all ... the time is here! Tomorrow am is our brunch and have only received one "regret" of attendance... ColorLady/Donna will not be joining us but she will be (unless something comes up) at the local ANA Metro Boston Support group meeting next Saturday in Waltham.  (Katie, elaine, you all going?)

So, the updated list is noted below. 10am is the start time... they have been forewarned... and see you all there.

Paul, B&N, 9am, all set.

Wearing elastic waistband slacks... gonna need them.

See you all there! Most of you have my cellphone number, should anything come up. Just let me know.
Phyl

Updated list:

Phyl
JoeF
tsl/Teresa
elliemae/elaine
jcinma/Jane and Andy
kMacDonald/Kathy and Bob
Lamsue23/Sue  and friend
MLB/GrammyMary
solecleansing/Judy and friend
Jim Scott/Tina
LisaP/um... LisaP
ellenvig/Ellen
krbonner/Katie
Crazycat/Paul
Rivergirl/Cindy and her son
Sabre
YogaSue/Sue
scarrie/guest -- tentative

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2008, 09:46:50 pm »
I am not going to the meeting in Waltham - too many kid-related activities on the weekends!

Hey, since I'm eating for two (see my updated sig) do I get the extra dumpling for someone who can't make it at the last minute?  Why let them go to waste...   ;D

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)