Author Topic: Prayers needed  (Read 10732 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Prayers needed
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2008, 08:51:14 pm »
I am so sorry. I wanted to let you know that my father-in-law also passed away this week, on Monday. He was in the hospital following a "cardiac event," however the doctors thought they had gotten everything under control and he was scheduled to go home Tuesday. Like Kelly, he will be laid to rest tomorrow.

He was a wonderful man who loved children (he was a scoutmaster for thirty years) and I'm sure he is keeping Kelly company in heaven.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2008, 12:11:57 am »
Sara -

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law; it sounds like he was a wonderful man.  A scoutmaster for thirty years is quite an accomplishment.

I hope he and Kelly do meet in heaven  :)

My condolences to you and your family.

Thanks Kaybo & Marci.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2008, 12:07:22 pm »
I'm just finally catching up on this thread, and I too, am very saddened to hear of the loss of little Kelly.  It just is so heartbreaking to have a young person leave us so soon.  I remember, years ago, a lovely woman in our church who had an only son.  He was about 13-14 or thereabouts when he was killed while riding his bike.  He was such a good kid.  The entire church was filled with people, and extra chairs were set up in the entry area.  He was a boy scout, so his troop was there with all the flags and such.  His mother, an older woman, was so strong, yet she looked so small and vulnerable, like half of her was gone now.  It was one of the saddest funerals I've ever attended.  The most moving was only about 2 years ago when a friends daughter lost her 9 day old baby.  There is tremendous sadness in the world and innocents are lost every day.  We can only hope and pray that a better place waits for them.   :'(

Keeping Kelly and her family in my thoughts,

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

wendysig

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2008, 06:33:22 pm »
Sara,
I am so very sorry to hear of your father-in-law's passing.  He sounds like a lovely person and I'm sure will be dearly missed.  Please accept my most sincere condolences.  I hope you, your family and friends are a great comfort to each other in this very sad time.

Jan,
I continue to hold you, your kids, Kelly and her family in my prayers.

Hugs,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

LisaP

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2008, 05:25:42 am »
Thanks to all for your prayers, as of today, October 14, my brother is still with us.  I went to see him yesterday and he is barely awake and is taking water through an eye dropper.  Still can't believe that this is happening.

We had a fundraiser for him on Saturday the 11th, 300 people came to celebrate my brothers life.  We raised over $8,000 for his family.  It was comforting to know that my brother is not only a great guy but has touched so many people.

So I continue to go over evey day and also am taking care of my parents who are 85, still live on their own but need much support now.  So I'm not on line too much but am looking forward to seeing you all in November

LisaP
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2008, 05:49:59 am »
Lisa, I offer my continued prayers and wishes... and am thrilled to hear that the fundraiser was very successful! Great news!  Hoping that the Sox win to help bring smiles to you all during a very difficult time.  Will put in a good word for you all to have them win tonight.  Please hang in there and have a huggle on reserve for you to be personally delivered in Nov.

xo
Phyl

Thanks to all for your prayers, as of today, October 14, my brother is still with us.  I went to see him yesterday and he is barely awake and is taking water through an eye dropper.  Still can't believe that this is happening.

We had a fundraiser for him on Saturday the 11th, 300 people came to celebrate my brothers life.  We raised over $8,000 for his family.  It was comforting to know that my brother is not only a great guy but has touched so many people.

So I continue to go over evey day and also am taking care of my parents who are 85, still live on their own but need much support now.  So I'm not on line too much but am looking forward to seeing you all in November

LisaP
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Denisex2boys

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2008, 02:14:50 pm »
Oh my - HUGE ((((HUGS)))) and prayers!
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2008, 07:25:35 pm »
I'm sorry to have to tell you all that Kelly passed away this morning. 
Kelly never really regained consciousness from her induced coma, except to briefly wake up and tell her mother that she'd "love her for eternity"   :'(

Today the world lost a sweet, beautiful little 12-year old girl - and in my eyes it will never be the same.

Jan

I am just reading this thread for the first time.  Her words to her mom were so prophetic and moving.  There are times I just don't get it...the big plan.  Going to get Kleenex.

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2008, 08:34:26 pm »
I am amazed at how close we become to our support group here. I was at the florist today to thank the designer for the awesome bouquet she put together for my father-in-law's funeral (she spent over half an hour with me while I combined elements from different designs). I saw a card with a beautiful black-and-white photo of an empty rope swing, and the sentiment inside was along the lines of "Some special children are selected by God for an eternal playground." I almost bought it to send to Kelly's mother until I remembered that I don't know who she is. Although in a way, I feel that I do know her, because I am praying for Kelly's family along with mine. I have a 12-year-old daughter, and I cannot imagine life without her.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers regarding the passing of my father-in-law. I am just certain that John and Kelly are having a grand time in heaven.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13