Author Topic: Scar Revision Surgery  (Read 2093 times)

pejavar

• Live Life King Size!
Scar Revision Surgery
« on: August 15, 2007, 10:31:14 am »
Hi all,

Its since 140 weeks i have a AN surgery and i have developed a keloid scar over the surgery area that is itchy,burning and scary to look ... iam thinking of going for a Scar revision surgery for this next month . Anyone on the forum who has had a similar experience and if so please share with me what can i expect as outcome ...this info would be of great value . Pls share

Here is what i know of scar revision surgery for Keloid scars

http://www.plasticsurgery.org/patients_consumers/procedures/ScarRevision.cfm
5.5cm Acoustic Neuroma - Right side
Removed Dec 14th, 2004
Onset of Bells Palsy Dec 16th, 2004
Gold Eye weight Implant Feb 5th 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago

vcschaub

Re: Scar Revision Surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 01:29:55 pm »
In mid July, I had surgery to remove my hardware (3 mini plates and 6 screws) from my AN surgery. I did not have any trouble with the scar itself but the tissue underneath the scar was tender where the mini plates and screws had been attached. The surgery was done at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. It was an out patient procedure. My orginal surgery was done by Dr Brackmann at HEI almost 2 years ago (11/05). It is unusual to have the hardware removed and I did consult with Dr Brackmann prior to my decision. He was not sure it would help, but assured me it would not make things worse. My scalp and incision are much better. The tenderness is gone. I don't know if this would help you.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:15:56 am by vcschaub »
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear