Author Topic: MS Jack and Back 150 miles  (Read 1614 times)

Craig

MS Jack and Back 150 miles
« on: October 08, 2007, 09:56:19 am »
Good morning,

I thought I would post this out here since it is not the end of the world when you have an AN. I have been training for a MS charity ride for the past 4 months. I just completed a 150 mile bike ride over the weekend. We rode 75 miles there and 75 miles back the next day.

Cheers,

Craig
1.78 CM AN / Vanderbilt Medical Center Trilogy System / 4 Radiation Treatments / 24gy total

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: MS Jack and Back 150 miles
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 10:20:39 am »
woooooooo hooooooooooo...congradulations

Glad you were able to accomplish the ride... I tried to ride my bike a couple weeks ago and
the darn thing has forgotten how to stay upright  >:(

I did work all last week at school ... 3 full days and 2 halves... our school is small with only 516
students k-8 but is spread out...it has been added on to three times and is lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng...
I put on a pedometer and walked 3.5 miles in one day... so I figure about 12 -15 over the week ...
and for me that was an accomplishment ... I came home and by 4 each day was asleep til next morning...
but it felt good to be there... and have learned I should do half days for a while so I don't get so tired

Just proves there is life after AN ... may be a bit different, but it is out there and each of us has to find our
own niche and what our capabilities are...

3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery